cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International roaming, number transfer verification text, all cannot be done

Annaaaaaa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I found that PM has no international roaming after I left Canada already,  but I need this number for getting 2FA from bank account or someting like that, so I have contacted the other carriers who provide international roaming service, but I still need to receive verification text message to transfer my number, so, what should I do now? Please help me. 
Fyi, I have another Canadian number with Fongo as well, so tried to change my 2FA to it with my bank, but they said I should visit the branch  in Canada to set up and now I am here in South Korea!!!! 
Please please help me. 

2 REPLIES 2

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

PM covers ONLY Canada and USA. For USA you would need US add-on or appropriate US/Can plan.

Banks and government usually do not send 2FA to (free) voip apps. You need REAL mobile number.
Talk to bank to send you 2FA by email but do not expect positive response as they all tightened security due to constant and massive fraud going on all the time.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Annaaaaaa 

It is more difficult to port to another company since you are outside Canada.  You would need to activate an eSIM with that company.  

You can try to contact customer service agent to see whether they can manually help with the  port without text verification.  Submit a ticket via the following link:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

It might not be possible.  

Maybe call your bank to see whether there are other ways to get 2FA.  Email instead?  

Need Help? Let's chat.