cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Call Quality

cclarke2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My partner and I have had extremely poor call quality over the past several weeks. I just had a couple calls and could only hear every second word. Is there a problem in our area M4P3H8 that you are aware of? 

Thank you,

Chris

9 REPLIES 9

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@cclarke2  

To help in troubleshooting if it is your phone, or the phone on the "other end" I recommend tests with someone using a landline, and not a mobile phone on their end as well, or even better are these "echo test" numbers, of which there are two Canadian access numbers. Great for testing the audio quality without having to bother someone else:

• +1 416 342 9562 - Toronto, ON
  • +1 250 412 5922 - Victoria, BC

As per https://thetestcall.blogspot.com/

During a test call, try switching between each of speakerphone, toggling the call "on hold", and external headset wired and/or bluetooth to help narrow down if it is the microphone in your own device or not.

HI @cclarke2  do you see any better reception in different part of the city?

And who kind of phone you have? which province you are at?

cclarke2

Yes, the service has worked fairly well for the past year and a half. Noticeably worse over the past few weeks, so much so that we're thinking about switching hers over to Lucky this week.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Is this the first time as a customer you had an issue like this, working much better prior to the last few weeks? 

cclarke2

No outages reported. I'll try the 3G suggestion that you and hairbag1 noted though. 

Thanks!

cclarke2

I thought that was just for data, but I can try that. 

Thanks!

@hairbag1 wrote:

Try manually selecting 3G instead of LTE .

Doing this might help if the customer isn't receiving incoming calls.  However, this will not help for in-call quality issues such as voice cutting in an out as LTE doesnt get used for phone calls at Public Mobile (the phone would already be connected to the 3g network).

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@cclarke2    Have you checked to see if there's any network outage where you are?  You can also try putting your phone's network settings on 3G/WCDMA to see if that helps.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Try manually selecting 3G instead of LTE .

Need Help? Let's chat.