cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help : can't receive text message

Peter123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my Samsung S7 can send text message but can not receive text message , all phone and other function is fine . 

it just happened a couple days ago , before that it was fine . 

Thanks  

11 REPLIES 11

Peter123

yes I'm in Edmonton , In the past sometimes I got message 4 or 5 days late . but this time is worst , no text at all . 

@Peter123   glad it works.  Any chance you are in Edmonton area?  We have another person with the same issue there.  Just wondering if it is a regional issue.

Peter123

Thanks , many thanks . putting my SIM to other phone then put it back to my phone fixed the problem . Now I've just  received the first text in the last 4 days 🙂 

@Peter123   do you have another phone around?  If so, try your PM SIM on the other phone. That could trigger a reprovisioning and it could resolve your issue.   

If that still fails, probably it is time to open ticket with PM Support and they can reprovision from the system

Peter123

Thanks,  my plan is unlimited , rebooting many times still not working . 

Peter123

thanks , still the same . 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Peter123 

Do you have another phone try place your PM SIM? If it works then it narrows down to an issue with your phone.

If your account is Active and if you are on the $15/month plan and the is data left in your account.

Try rebooting the phone by powering off then back on again.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Peter123 

Ensure your “chat” (Android) or “iMessage” (iPhone) settings are turned off so that your messaging service relies only on SMS.

Lovely2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Peter123 

try off phone and take out sim card and put it back

or selecting network "3G only" or WCDMA only,
and rebooting device.

Peter123

my data setting is "on" 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Peter123 Make sure your data hasn't been turned off. It is required to send and receive MMS, though they don't count towards your data usage.

Alternatively try this:

Clear the Messages app's cache and data. Head to Settings > Apps > Messages > Storage > Clear Cache. After clearing the cache, head back to the setting menu and select Clear Data this time. Then restart your device.

Need Help? Let's chat.