cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help! No text, data or receiving calls, can only do outgoing calls

cakwan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everybody

My issue is that I can only make outgoing calls (appears as a private number on caller ID) with my newly activated sim.  I am unable to send or receive texts, receive calls, or even use data.  My phone initially showed up with "no service" on the screen, but then eventually turned into PM after about a 5 hour wait.  I am unsure as to why it's taking so long to port my number over from my previous provider (telus), I had used my imei number instead of my telus account number when signing up which I now discovered was a bad idea. Shortly after signing up for PM, telus sent me an email about cancelling my account, so now i'm with a phone that can only make outgoing calls at the moment.

I have also contacted 2 moderators and provided them with my telus account number, cell number and PM sim number in hopes that they can help me in making progress for my phone. I ported my number over Nov 17 around 330pm, I really don't want to go through the weekend with a phone that can't receive calls/text, the past 10 hours have been upsetting enough :(.

If anyone can give me any other helpful advice it would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

cakwan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
@imcphers sadly I did like you suggested but nothing changed 😞

@neilselden too bad my data is an issue too, I will try your suggestion if my data starts to work before I can get my number

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @cakwan,

The only idea I have to offer is, if you can get your data connection is working, get a free number from Fongo and install the app.  I realize it's a far cry from having your normal service working, but at least people would be able to call you at that free Fongo number.

Just in case you've not tried this, follow this post on how to set up data.

Hope it gets sorted soon,

Neil

PS 

Thx for being cool about the situation - I know it's frustrating!  I was blowing gaskets when I first signed up with WIND... until I realized that the service is just lousy.  Then I switched to PM.  😉

imcphers
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you tried the power off - SIM remove/reinstall and power back on sequence?

There isn't much else to try - your port could be stuck.

You did the right thing to message the moderators with all the correct info - hopefully the backlog of issues is shrinking and yours get looked at quickly.

Need Help? Let's chat.