cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help! I need to make a phone call but it won't let me

PikachuThunder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! I am trying to make an important phone call to the USA but it isn't letting me, I don't know why. It says I have used all my minutes. This makes zero sense, because I barely talk on the phone. Why is it telling me this? I really need to make a phone call today please. Please help me! 😞

10 REPLIES 10

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@PikachuThunder  You may also want to consider switching to the $34 US-CAN plan that has unlimited US calling and includes US roaming depending on your needs.

The 1000 US minutes add on can also be bought with 10 points.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@PikachuThunder 

looks like you have alot of data so...get the free TextNow voip app. It uses your local wifi or data to call / text most any US & Cdn number for free. I use TextNow when my $15 plan runs outta calling minutes.

@PikachuThunder wrote:

I'm not exactly sure what subscription I have. It just says 90 day, 5G speed. I have the 150 GB of data, but I only used under 10 GB so far.

I can only guess that you have a Canada only plan. If that's the case, you can buy a 1000 minutes of US calling add-on for $15. Those US calling minutes will stay on your acct until you use 'em up..even if that takes several months or more.

added...

on your laptop, log in to your account > Subscriptions & Add-ons > (look to the right side of screen and click Shop Add-ons > click Minutes > scroll down and select 1 X  1000 US Long Distance Minutes for $15. You should be good to go then.

PikachuThunder

Okay, thank you.

@PikachuThunder   Is there any indication in the plan that it has unlimited data, do any data add-ons show as incompatible?

PikachuThunder

I'm not exactly sure what subscription I have. It just says 90 day, 5G speed. I have the 150 GB of data, but I only used under 10 GB so far.

@PikachuThunder wrote:

I don't know. I thought I had a Canada/USA plan because I call my family once in a while on the cell phone and we chat. I'm confused.

Just log in to your account either on a laptop or using the PM app on your cell. Look at your plan details. Sounds like you might just have a regular Canada plan...perhaps you used up US LD calling Holiday Bonus minutes we got from past Xmas seasons.

Is data and text working as expected ?

PikachuThunder

I don't know. I thought I had a Canada/USA plan because I call my family once in a while on the cell phone and we chat. I'm confused.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@PikachuThunder 

if you just have a regular Canada only plan...you'd need a US Calling add-on. If you have a Cdn / US plan...let me know which you have.

added from Plans / Top Add-ons..

1000 U.S. Long Distance Minutes⁶.....$15

Need Help? Let's chat.