cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please call me

nildasan7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is on behalf of my sister new flip phone. She can call us okey BUT long distance charge is applied when we answer her call. Please fix! Her phone# 

what can’t we call you?

Please give us your # to call.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@nildasan7 has to clarity what the problem actually is so we can help. We seem to be just guessing.

1. Your sister has a "new flip phone". So can we assume she has a mobile phone account?

2. Is her phone account with Public Mobile?

3. Who is being charged long distance? She or you?

4. If when she phones you, a voice message announces that "long distance charges may apply", then she does not have to worry. Neither one of you will see any charges. To avoid that message, she may add the number "1" in front of your number when she dials your number or any other phone number in Canada.

5. Don't try to change her phone number unless when you phone her from a landline and you get charged for long distance. In that case she can change her phone number with Public Mobile so the area code is the same as yours.

6. Public Mobile's support is online only. So there is no voice phone call support. There are many fellow customers who are willing to help. But it helps them to help you when your problem is clearly stated.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@nildasan7 wrote:

This is on behalf of my sister new flip phone. She can call us okey BUT long distance charge is applied when we answer her call. Please fix! Her phone# 

what can’t we call you?

Thanks.

All tech support, and account enquiries, at Public Mobile is online. As already suggested your sister must change her number to one that is not long distance for you. We assume your sister has a PM account. She can do this by logging into her self serve account and selecting Change My Number.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

There is no way that the person BEING CALLED is getting charged for a long distance call when they answer. Need more info ....

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@nildasan7 tell her to change her phone number on her self serve account so you guys don't get charged. I'm assuming she's on public and you guys are with a different provider

change pass,sim,number.jpeg

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@nildasan7 I gather your sister has a landline.  Its the second set of numbers that determine whether your cell number is local or not. Ie xxx yyy xxxx. Please check the CNAC website to check if your number is local or not http://www.cnac.ca/co_codes/co_code_status.htm . The only way to stop her being charged long distance when calling youis to change your number to the desired local area code. You can do it once each 30 day cycle through your self service account. Welcome to the community.  Stay safe. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@nildasan7 wrote:

what can’t we call you?

Thanks.

@nildasan7   With PM being prepaid there's no way to be charged for any overages as you only get to use what services you've already paid for, so as suggested you can ignore any messages to that effect.

Edit: After re-reading your question and @gblackma's response, can you clarify if your sister is with PM too?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nildasan7 wrote:

what can’t we call you?

Thanks.

Add a 1 in front of all called numbers. It's just an old recording from days gone by. You can ignore it as there are no extra charges here.

This is an online support service. There's no one to call.

Need Help? Let's chat.