Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought the plan online on Amazon but had to pay it twice once online

13 REPLIES 13

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@oceanprice 

CASE CLOSED

This is not a Public Mobile issue.

The community has, for you, let you know what happened and what went wrong. 

Unfortunately it is your loss unless Metro Cellular will do something for you. I suggest you contact them through their website....not Amazon. 

See here and you will find a better deal than what you received on Amazon due to commissions and much clearer directions that are not on Amazon due to lack of space for description.  <== But is from another supplier....CCS

But in your defence I would support your complaint with Metro Cellular as the process is very very poorly covered in the Amazon ad. His English skills when advertising. On Amazon he needs to do better with the minimal space offered. And if he did not, he should have provided you with an email or written instructions with the delivery of the SIM. 

F48A7220-007B-4913-95EB-FE02F3421373.png

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@oceanprice 

Upon receipt of SIM card did you contact seller and let them know the SIM card number and that you had it in your hand, or did  you  just wildly jump into activating it, thinking something miraculously would happen? Did you look at ad on the feedback page for the activation URL?

0FAC8C6E-086E-4F9B-8305-7EA7969265C0.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@oceanprice 

On Amazon the description is as follows...not completely clear but still...

Product description

PREPAID PUBLIC MOBILE SIM CARD YOUR FIRST MONTH IS INCLUDED WITH YOUR PAYMENT NO ACTIVATION CHARGES FREE SIM CARD FREE SIM ADAPTOR + PIN NO CONTRACTS / NO CREDIT VERIFICATION ANONYMOUS ACTIVATION (DEFAULT) OR WITH YOUR INFORMATION TO ACTIVATE SEND THE SIM CARD NUMBER TO SELLER BY AMAZON MESSAGE SYSTEM

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@oceanprice wrote:

@oceanprice 

What information came  with the SIM CARD or was emailed to you ??

@Yummy wrote:

PM is Not selling their plans on amazon or ebay.

For refund you have to contact amazon. PM has nothing to do with that transaction.

You can get PM SIM at ebay for a $1 or less from reputable sellers.

PM might  not be......but there is a seller on Amazon that sells a SIM with a plan similar to what CCS offers. It has been brought up here before and I have personally verified it on Amazon my self. Perhaps OP did not follow the convoluted instructions. Actually looks like a sloppy deal on Amazon. 

See here 

https://www.amazon.ca/Activated-Public-Mobile-Canada-Talk-Text/dp/B08FKK7KPC/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3MYOS7L...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Nice find. thx

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@oceanprice I believe this is the similar thread @darlicious talked about:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Activation-SIM-Card-from-Amazon-with-firs...

Pls go back to the Amazon page and see if it mentioned steps on how to activate with them 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@oceanprice 

It sounds like you did something similar to another user and did not recieve or did not follow the directions of your purchase. Is the third party seller Canadian Cell Supplies? If so then you were to contact them once recieving the sim card in the mail to activate. You do not activate a sim card for a prepaid plan yourself. Contact the third party seller and make a refund request for the difference between the prepaid plan discounted service and the regular price of an unactivated sim card at the time of your purchase. I know the owner of CCS is very accommodating of this kind of request. I cannot speak for other resellers of pm services.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

PM is Not selling their plans on amazon or ebay.

For refund you have to contact amazon. PM has nothing to do with that transaction.

You can get PM SIM at ebay for a $1 or less from reputable sellers.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@oceanprice wrote:

@oceanprice  - is the seller listed as "Public Mobile"?

If not, go directly to the seller to deal with any questionable charges or product/services you purchased.

edit, there is not much Public Mobile can really do for you with this transaction between a 3rd party and you.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@oceanprice 

I don’t think you can purchase PM plans on Amazon.ca but you will need to go to Amazon to help you with a refund.

Amazon sell PM SIM cards.

oceanprice
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought both !

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @oceanprice did you buy the plan or just the SIM  do you have the link ?

those  plan offers on Amazon are offered  by mobile shops  and not by PM directly 

Need Help? Let's chat.