cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan says expired yet I have autopay turned on

Qman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have autopay turned on for my account. It says my balance is $0.00 and that it will expire tomorrow if I don't pay, which I'm confused about since I have autopay turned on. I checked through the different kinds of plans offered (in case I do need to change my plan or make a payment) and the phone plans seem different now. Is there any reason why my contract/plan is about to expire?

14 REPLIES 14

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous  I was just joking 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

No hacking....just observing. You can too. Pull an all-nighter.

Zyl

@Community_QA wrote:

wow, I never aware so many things happening for a renewal.  But does it really need that much time?

This is how it happens with every single payment system I imagine.  We just didn't hack into those systems like @darlicious did to know.  LOL 

Zyl

@darlicious wrote:

@Qman 

Your expired status is not a glitch. Your plan is expiring....but here is a little FYI...

days before your renewal you will get a reminder to pay text from pm (611). You will get this text whether you have paid ahead of time or not or whether or not you are set up for autopay. You can use this as your reminder to top up your account.

At about 6pm eastern on the evening before renewal your account status will change to expired as your 30 day plan is about to expire. Unless you have no services this is perfectly normal.

On the day of your renewal at midnight eastern your plan will renew and any counters ( like data) in your account will reset to zero (0/1024mb). Rewards will be converted and applied to your balance as available funds.

At 2am* eastern your plan amount will be debited from your available funds in your balance. If there is insufficient funds in your balance to cover your plan amount the difference will be charged to your autopay card as an automatic top up. Your card statement will show this amount+taxes.

Your payment history will show 30 DAY PLAN....$10 and depending on your plan either your applicable data amount 1 GB OF DATA AT 3G SPEED....$15  or 3GB/$25 or 5GB/$30 and so on or for the $15 plan the talk portion 100 Minutes Talk Booster......$5.

If an automatic top up and/or the plan/data/minute debits/credits do not show in your payment history by 3am eastern you have likely suffered an autopay fail. You will have until 6am eastern to make a manual top up and reactivate your plan. If reactivate does not take your plan amount from your balance then briefly suspend your service via lost/stolen. This forces the payment and the transactions will show up in your payment history.

At 6am eastern any account  that has not paid for their plan amount in full will have their services suspended or if its been 90 days these accounts will be cancelled and deactivated and lose their phone number. Active accounts will change from expired/suspended to active status. Occasionally this process is delayed up to 6 hours or so....check your transactions in your payment history for confirmation.

At noon eastern you will recieve two texts from 611.** The first confirms your rewards were successfully applied to your account. The second confirms your plan has successfully renewed. Not recieving the second text indicates an autopay failure.

*Renewals often run up to 6 hours late which will push all of the following times forward by the same delay so if your payment is taken at 4am eastern instead of 2 am eastern then your expired/active status will not change in your account until 8am eastern instead of 6am eastern.

** Currently there is a glitch that delays the rewards text for 12 hours arriving at midnight eastern.

It is my suggestion that before and after renewal you screenshot your overview page and your payment history in case their are any anomolies that need to be addressed like your data counter not resetting. If you like to keep detailed records and you are computer savvy @LurganIeUk has an excel file to export your account history to....send him a private message if this interests you.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

That is the most detailed chronological state of events of a payment system that I have ever seen.  Quit hacking into the Public Mobile payment system!!  🙂

Zyl

@Qman wrote:

I have autopay turned on for my account. It says my balance is $0.00 and that it will expire tomorrow if I don't pay, which I'm confused about since I have autopay turned on. I checked through the different kinds of plans offered (in case I do need to change my plan or make a payment) and the phone plans seem different now. Is there any reason why my contract/plan is about to expire?

You should also see a message that states "if you have autopay turned on or have made a payment, please ignore this message".  This is a default message that gets posted on your account every time right before your plan renews.  If you do have autopay turned on, you can safely ignore this message of plan expiration.  Everybody gets it.  It freaked me out too the first time I saw it and then I just let it slide and once the payment is taken, everything is fine. 

There are a lot of things that freak you out in Public Mobile but you just need to wait to see what happens.  Bottom line is as long as you are able to receive and send phone calls, texts and data and the plan information and the amount of the payment taken from your method of payment is correct then everything is fine.  If something is amiss, pose your question here and if it cannot be answered by us or we suggest you to contact CS_Agent via private message, contact CS_Agent via private message for the real employees of Public Mobile to take a closer look. 

Hope this helps.  

Community_QA

wow, I never aware so many things happening for a renewal.  But does it really need that much time?

Qman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No since I didn't have a phone at the time

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Qman  Welcome to Public mobile, its normal. I got concerned too when I joined 2 years ago.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Does it look like the below, @Qman ?

If so, and if all services are working normally and you have a valid payment card registered for auto-pay, then no worries, all is well.   

By morning you'll be starting your next 30-day cycle.

HALIMACS_0-1642816431404.png

HALIMACS_1-1642816438805.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Qman 

Your expired status is not a glitch. Your plan is expiring....but here is a little FYI...

days before your renewal you will get a reminder to pay text from pm (611). You will get this text whether you have paid ahead of time or not or whether or not you are set up for autopay. You can use this as your reminder to top up your account.

At about 6pm eastern on the evening before renewal your account status will change to expired as your 30 day plan is about to expire. Unless you have no services this is perfectly normal.

On the day of your renewal at midnight eastern your plan will renew and any counters ( like data) in your account will reset to zero (0/1024mb). Rewards will be converted and applied to your balance as available funds.

At 2am* eastern your plan amount will be debited from your available funds in your balance. If there is insufficient funds in your balance to cover your plan amount the difference will be charged to your autopay card as an automatic top up. Your card statement will show this amount+taxes.

Your payment history will show 30 DAY PLAN....$10 and depending on your plan either your applicable data amount 1 GB OF DATA AT 3G SPEED....$15  or 3GB/$25 or 5GB/$30 and so on or for the $15 plan the talk portion 100 Minutes Talk Booster......$5.

If an automatic top up and/or the plan/data/minute debits/credits do not show in your payment history by 3am eastern you have likely suffered an autopay fail. You will have until 6am eastern to make a manual top up and reactivate your plan. If reactivate does not take your plan amount from your balance then briefly suspend your service via lost/stolen. This forces the payment and the transactions will show up in your payment history.

At 6am eastern any account  that has not paid for their plan amount in full will have their services suspended or if its been 90 days these accounts will be cancelled and deactivated and lose their phone number. Active accounts will change from expired/suspended to active status. Occasionally this process is delayed up to 6 hours or so....check your transactions in your payment history for confirmation.

At noon eastern you will recieve two texts from 611.** The first confirms your rewards were successfully applied to your account. The second confirms your plan has successfully renewed. Not recieving the second text indicates an autopay failure.

*Renewals often run up to 6 hours late which will push all of the following times forward by the same delay so if your payment is taken at 4am eastern instead of 2 am eastern then your expired/active status will not change in your account until 8am eastern instead of 6am eastern.

** Currently there is a glitch that delays the rewards text for 12 hours arriving at midnight eastern.

It is my suggestion that before and after renewal you screenshot your overview page and your payment history in case their are any anomolies that need to be addressed like your data counter not resetting. If you like to keep detailed records and you are computer savvy @LurganIeUk has an excel file to export your account history to....send him a private message if this interests you.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Qman 

This is a standard notice the day before your expiry date. On the notice, it notes to ignore if you are on AutoPay.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Qman : Seems you're getting texts now. How long have you been here? It's the standard heads up text we all get a couple days before the end of the paid term. Maybe you blocked these kinds of texts on your old phone. Did you get the 2021 Xmas gifts from the company in December?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Qman That's part of the renewal process as it happens overnight. The account status will say Expired until the morning when the payment is taken out of CC AutoPay and status will be back to normal. You should've also received a text message a day or so earlier to notify you to ignore the message if you have AutoPay on. 

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Qman 

You can safely ignore the message if your service is active. It's a known flaw in PM's system.

Need Help? Let's chat.