cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan for Quebec phone number

Rockabilly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I live in Ontario but I have a Quebec phone number.

Right now, I am on the $15 plan and PM is making me pay the QC taxes.

If I want to change plan, do I have to chose a plan from QC or (and) Ontario?

6 REPLIES 6

@Rockabilly 

I understood your earlier question was geared toward saving taxes, but not wanting to change plans.

You can choose to keep your Quebec area code/number and you will benefit from the plan offerings from Quebec region.

That’s probably your best option if you want to keep your number and the sometimes better Quebec offerings compared to outside of Quebec.

Yosemite_Sam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes change to an Ontario number. Or save more and change to an Alberta number. 

hi @Rockabilly yes, if you are ok with a Quebec phone number, keep it this way as an Quebec plan has access to cheaper plans.  Leave it like this and use vouchers to pay to save the tax, small saving bit worth it

Rockabilly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't want to change my phone number (I had this number for over 15 years) or trying to pay less tax.

I just want to know if I have to chose a plan for Quebec or Ontario, as they are a little different in prices and amount of GB.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Rockabilly 

thr QC tax is just a bit different.  But tko save the difference, get a voucher in store and load using *611. When you buy vouchers, they charge you Ontario tax

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Rockabilly 

The phone number, particularly the area code, determines the taxation that your account will be subject to.

If you want to change your number, you can do that in your profile tab on self-serve.

Just make sure you choose the change number option and not the port your number.

Need Help? Let's chat.