cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan expired after payment made

P2898428
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I made my payment on the due date but my plan status is displaying "expired".

My next payment due amount is still showing the same amount.

Do I have to sign up for the same plan again?

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@P2898428 

Here is an explanation of the renewal process:

Spoiler

3 days before your renewal you will get a reminder to pay text from pm (611). You will get this text whether you have paid ahead of time or not or whether or not you are set up for autopay. You can use this as your reminder to top up your account.

At about 9pm eastern on the evening before renewal your account status will change to expired as your 30 day plan is about to expire. Unless you have no services this is perfectly normal.

On the day of your renewal at midnight eastern your plan will renew and any counters ( like data) in your account will reset to zero (0/1024mb). Rewards will be converted and applied to your balance as available funds.

At 2am eastern your plan amount will be debited from your available funds in your balance. If there is insufficient funds in your balance to cover your plan amount the difference will be charged to your autopay card as an automatic top up. Your card statement will show this amount+taxes.

Your payment history will show 30 DAY PLAN....$10 and depending on your plan either your applicable data amount 1 GB OF DATA AT 3G SPEED....$15  or 3GB/$25 or 5GB/$30 and so on or for the $15 plan the talk portion 100 outgoing Minutes ......$5.

If an automatic top up and/or the plan/data/minute debits/credits do not show in your payment history by 3am eastern you have likely suffered an autopay fail. You will have until 6am eastern to make a manual top up and reactivate your plan. If reactivate does not take your plan amount from your balance then briefly suspend your service via lost/stolen. This forces the payment and the transactions will show up in your payment history.

At 6am eastern any account that has not paid for their plan amount in full will have their services suspended and their account status will change from expired to suspended or if its been 90 days these accounts will be cancelled and deactivated and lose their phone number. Paid accounts will change from expired to active status. Occasionally this process is delayed up to 6 hours or so....check your transactions in your payment history for confirmation.**

At noon eastern you will recieve two texts* from 611. The first confirms your rewards were successfully applied to your account. The second confirms your plan has successfully renewed. Not recieving the second text indicates an autopay failure.

*Currently the rewards text is delayed by 12 hours occurring at midnight eastern.

**Any delay in the renewal process will push forward the active status or suspension process. So if your plan charges show up at 5am eastern (3 hour delay) then the active/suspended status will occur 3 hours later at 9am eastern.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@P2898428   you plan's new cycle is tomorrow?  If so, no worry.  Usually at around 6PM EST on the night before, your plan status will change to Plan Expired.   As long as you have the money there for renewal or Autopay is enabled, the plan will renew.  The status will stay like this until as late as tomorrow noon time (EST) before it will change it back to Active.

During this time, even the plan is set to be Expired, your service should not be affected.  (of course, unless Autopay failed or you don't have enough fund there for renewal)

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@P2898428 wrote:

@P2898428 

Is your service still working?

If yes, there is nothing to worry about. The plan is in the process of renewal and money will be debited from your Available funds. Sometimes it could be running late but eventually, everything will return to normal.

If you've lost service, log into your account and check if there is enough funds there to cover the cost of the plan. If No, top up via your credit /debit card (or a voucher) and click on the Reactivate button if you see one. If Yes, then try to Suspend then Resume service (Lost/Stolen page) to reactivate the account.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@P2898428 wrote:

@P2898428    If all your phone services are working, then don't worry about seeing the expired/suspended message which is normal during your renewal cycle, although annoying or alarming if it's the first time you see that.

Need Help? Let's chat.