cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change and keep bonus data?

luigibell78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey.

Is it possible to change plans and keep data promo's?

I signed back up to PM a couple months ago and got a 3gb bonus promo for being a returning customer. I added the 2gb and LD minutes for the December bonus as well. my plan is the $40 4.5gb.

While it's awesome to have that much data i figured i could save some money by switching to the lower cost plan and have less data since i will never use that much.

If I switch plans will i loose the data bonus?

13 REPLIES 13

@Anonymous 

Ahh, that hadn’t occurred to me. A tough call that likely only the OP can decide if it is worth paying the higher monthly cost to retain it. I would pick a plan that just covers your data need if possible and potentially use the gifted 2Gb to cover any overage. If the OP is in BC or Alberta they likely have the 5Gb gift from a few months ago as well.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector : It was a one-time bonus. I would think it's really just an add-on but the rules do say that a plan change would lose it. Doubtful around here but them's the rules.

@luigibell78 : have you used any of that data? Does it show under your my data & add-ons area or over under a promos area?

I don’t see how many months this bonus is good for. Typically 6 months and the promotion ended at the end of August. So you are getting close to the end anyway. Once that last one lands in your account I would schedule a plan change for your next renewal unless you don’t think you will have enough data once those 3Gb bonuses are finished.

AE_Collector

I think it might have been worth the ask per my prior post on plans listed, @luigibell78 , but your call is a safe one.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello luigibell78!

You can get help 24/7 on SIMon via the link below:

https://bit.ly/2EEyNRM.

Kind regards,

The Moderator Team

luigibell78

I will just leave it as is...i quickly skipped over that fine print and didn't see that.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

According to the terms and conditions -the bonus 3GB data will expire if the account is inactive or if there is a rate plan change.

Hi @luigibell78 

Definitely worth a try with Moderators.

It does, however, say Bonus data will expire if plan is changed. 

Perhaps if you remain with one of the listed available plans which was identified with the promotion, they will allow you switch down.

luigibell78

Screenshot_20201207-103533.jpg

I may be able to keep it...but i have to confirm with the moderator.....

@luigibell78 

In your case, you should be able to keep your bonus add ons.  However, certain promotions do state that if you change plans, you will lose whatever bonus is offered.  You can double check with your 3G data bonus.  With holiday bonuses, you can keep when changing plans.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@luigibell78 

The 2 holiday promos will not be affected if you change plans. 

As for the 3 GB promo data that will depend on the Terms of Agreement. Do you have the ad for that to read through?

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@luigibell78 wrote:

Hey.

Is it possible to change plans and keep data promo's?

I signed back up to PM a couple months ago and got a 3gb bonus promo for being a returning customer. I added the 2gb and LD minutes for the December bonus as well. my plan is the $40 4.5gb.

While it's awesome to have that much data i figured i could save some money by switching to the lower cost plan and have less data since i will never use that much.

If I switch plans will i loose the data bonus?

@luigibell78 hi any data bonus add ons are yours to keep change plan at will 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @luigibell78 

You may lose activation bonus gifts by switching.  Some of those are tied to the type of plan you are activating.  You won't lose gifts added after the fact (such as with the More the Merrier promo)

You may want to ask the moderators to confirm in your particular circumstance.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system - faster response time. Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.
  2. Send a private message to the moderator through the following link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Need Help? Let's chat.