cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picked 5G plan for 4G phone

Carlduo513
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I picked the 5G plan for a 4G phone. Not it only says 3G in the top right corner. Is there anyway I can change my plan without having to pay another 

3 REPLIES 3

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Your plan does not dictate what network you can connect to, it just refers to the max speed you can access. You can absolutely use a 4G phone with a 5G plan. And if your phone is stuck in 3G, it means you probably set it to that in your Preferred Network settings on your phone itself. Go into your sim card settings on your phone to change that.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Carlduo513  In your settings, is the phone set to 3G or 4G/LTE?  You should be at least getting LTE with a 4G phone (except maybe during voice calls when it may drop to 3G if not VoLTE enabled).  You can change your plan but best to select change on renewal rather than change immediately so as not to lose what you have paid for the current plan as there is no pro-rating.  A 4G phone will still work OK on a 5G plan.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Carlduo513  You have to change the network to 5G  from 3G in your phone settings , also note even with phone set to 4G/LTE you should still get better speeds of 100mbs of 4G plan . You can do I speed test to confirm

Speed test

https://www.speedtest.net/apps

Need Help? Let's chat.