Phone

CurtGuenther
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone is not working texting out and my texts just work once a while

8 REPLIES 8

Gaboisvert
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes I still have a lot of data left.

I did the change for the network connection, doesn't work neither. But it looks like it says that I don't have any network operators in me phone's setting. When I try to set an operator it says "unable to connect, try again later"

I was in another area (at least 30km away) but, people received my texts, but I received theirs' 4-5 hours after they sent them. The problem with my mobile data still remained (and still does) no matter where I was.

@Gaboisvert   if you login to My Account using Incognito mode, it shows your account is active and you have data left?

it does sound like a local network issue

Try to change the network connection  to 3G Only (or WCDMA Only) and see if the phone connects to the network at all)

Also, if possible, go and test the phone in another area and see if it works 

Gaboisvert

I haven't tried voice calls, but both incoming and outgoing texts seem to not work sometimes neither does the mobile data.

At home it shows that the network is not connected, but for the pas years I never had any problems in this regard with PM (always had a good connection). Outside of the countryside, it shows that I have a connection to PM network, but I don't see the received text even though in the Usage History section I see that I have an incoming text from the person to which I have sent a text (which suppose that the outgoing texts work).

@Gaboisvert   can you confirm what is not working

incoming or outgoing voice calls?

incoming or outgoing text?

mobile data?

does your phone showing connected to PM network or not connected?

Gaboisvert

I've had the same problem since yesterday. I've restart my phone and turn on and off airplane mode, tried somethings with my SIM card, but still have problems with SMS (I didn't try calling) and the mobile data. Those problems only happen only when I'm home (countryside).

I've been with PM for maybe 3-4 years and never had that problem before. Would it be possible that the network is down? I've replaced my phone's screen to, so maybe those who changed it touched something leading to those problems mentioned before.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CurtGuenther   was it working before and just stopped working?

Honest, sound like you are using iMessage or RCS.  Do you notice that it works when you are home with Wifi?

Login to My Account  using Incognito Mode and see if you still have any data left for this cycle.  Maybe you used up your data and hence the iMessage/RCS are not sending or receiving when you are away form Wifi

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@CurtGuenther - were services (texting) working before now?

Try 1 or more of the below:

• restart your phone
  • toggle into and out of airplane mode
  • perform a Reset of the device's Network Settings

Also, it could be because of below - 

Both iMessage and Chat Features require a wifi connection or data to send/receive texts.

• if iMessage and you are out of data for your current cycle be sure to have SMS and MMS enabled in the settings of your device.
  • if you are using android and you use Chat Features, then I suggest you turn that off, as it requires wifi or data to send/receive texts.

Disable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

porcupine
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

try rebooting your phone first what about calling?

Need Help? Let's chat.