Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound calls

Christina2015
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

still unable to receive inbound calls

5 REPLIES 5

@Christina2015  If your old provider was Koodo or Telus then the port team number @softech  provided you with maybe able to do so , if it was any other provider you would have to contact them get new SIM card with you old number and start port process over again 

Christina2015
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi, thanks for the info however, i lost my old simcard which is why the porting can't be complete. Is there a way to complete the porting over without my old simcard?

thank you!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Christina2015  - still, well for how long? Were you ever able to receive incoming calls?

When porting over to another provider, if porting is stuck then incoming usually has issues, did you port over to Public?

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Christina2015   did you just joined and request porting your number from your old provider? 

If you requested bringing in your number from your old provider, a critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card and can only make outgoing calls,  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.