cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won't receive texts or calls

Ardeleanholly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone won't receive texts or calls today. 

It goes straight to the voicemail I set up with public and then does not notify me of the voicemail. 

Everything was fine yesterday. 

20 REPLIES 20

Your phone has been working on PM and turn out it was a Rogers issue?  This is new.. 

but glad it is all sorted out now.

Ardeleanholly

Got it sorted out! Turned out to be an issue with rogers after I had already started with public. All sorted now! 

[Robbers just can't let go! 😎  ......... Luddite]

@Ardeleanholly 

If you don't have any rewards there is no harm in using the lost/stolen feature to suspend your service. Then log out/in. Resume your service. Log out and reboot. Then see if that has reprovisioned your sim card to recieve calls and texts,

Anonymous
Not applicable

your bill is due late this month. That's all, make a payment and your service will working that all you need my dear,

Set Up AutoPay

Setting up AutoPay means that you earn $2 every 30 days!To set up AutoPay, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’. From here, you can sign up for AutoPay or remove the feature, if you no longer want payments to automatically occur. If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ardeleanholly : I don't suppose you'd be willing to register a payment card?

The other thing you can do is use the Lost/stolen function to suspend your account. And then Resume it to restart it. Then restart the phone. But it has complications at renewal.

Ardeleanholly

I logged in and everything is fine on there.

I'm not set up with auto pay

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ardeleanholly : Ok then. Now we have some certainty that your account is active.

Can you log in to your self-serve account? Are you on autopay? If so then you could try manually adding a dollar into your account and then restart the phone. Sometimes that's known to give the account a little kick in the pants. There's another thing to try too but we can start there.

Ardeleanholly

It says my bill is due late this month. That's all 

Ardeleanholly

Not on airplane mode. Already tried the sim

Ardeleanholly

It worked yesterday on this phone! Unfortunately i don't have another phone to test it on 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ardeleanholly wrote:

My phone won't receive texts or calls today. 

It goes straight to the voicemail I set up with public and then does not notify me of the voicemail. 

Everything was fine yesterday. 

@Ardeleanholly Can you try your SIM into another phone to see if services work normally? If so, there must be a setting on your device.

Try a reset of your network settings.

If you are unable to send texts or make calls either...and what about using data...?

Then check  that your phone is not blacklisted: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ardeleanholly : Ok. And what does it say? Does it say you're suspended and wants money? Or does it say your next due date and balance? Or something else?

Ardeleanholly

It gies to public mobile 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ardeleanholly : Is your account active? What happens when you dial 611?

Ardeleanholly

Already tried. 

Ardeleanholly

No I dont have it. And yes I tried 

Ardeleanholly

Didn't work 😞

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Any chance it gone to Airplane mode?

do you see Public Mobile showing on your phone and what is the signal showing?

did you try reseat the SIM (power down, take the SIM out , wipe it and put it back in and power on)

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Do you have do not disturb set on your phone ?

Try rebooting your phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple. Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

Remove your phone’s battery - Some phones have removable batteries. Sometimes removing and reinserting the battery can fix certain issues. Just make sure your phone is off before you do this.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Need Help? Let's chat.