cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone showing 3G even though I paid for 4G contract

wals5751
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just purchased a 4G monthly plan and activated the sim on my phone but it is showing a 3G signal. The signal bar shows full signal strength but it is showing 3G. Any help please ??

13 REPLIES 13

@darlicious- Hey maybe I'm wrong all along. I saw Timer's response as meaning the provider ie. in my phone called Network operator. My phone says Network mode for the frequencies. The standard nomenclature around here is to say to select 4G or LTE or whatever for network mode or whatever it might be called in whatever phone. We use something resembling provider when talking about switching to T-Mobile for example.

So I interpreted Timers reply that way. Sure yes automatic but when one is already connected to Public then that's not relevant to the problem of the customer. I would even say that where it says auto connect for network mode that that's a given because it also says auto connect for 3G/2G in my phone. So which is it? There's only one automatic for providers.

That's the way I see things. Thanks for weighing in. I hope I didn't wander way off in my comments to Timer.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Am I missing something here? There are two automatic settings in your phone. One to choose the network...4G/3G/2G (auto connect) and one to choose the provider (automatically select network). My phone is set to automatically choose both.

@Timer- None of those excellent ideas mention setting the provider to automatic. But other ideas have been mentioned here already. But maybe more description would help the customer.

@wals5751 @dust2dust 

press on this link Why Is My Phone On 3G

@Timer- Again, automatic is for connecting to a provider. The customer is on Public now. Why set it to automatic? It doesn't matter for the problem at hand.

@dust2dust 

after 3 day was wrong i think change plan...thanks.

for Automatic to connecting network.

lol well at least it wasn't a clear cache response for this issue

@Timer- Automatic is for connecting to a provider, not the frequencies. And why reboot after 3 days?

Timer
Mayor / Maire

check your network and put it on  Automatic. after 3 day of you change plan

Edit: @wals5751 

just rebooting device.

shinchu99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@wals5751 did you try go to your phone and click settings and under setting you will see connections click on that after clicking on that, click on mobile networks  under mobile networks you will see network mode 4G LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect), WCDMA/GSM 3G try to select LTE/WCMDA/GSM that should solve the problem.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@wals5751   which province and city you are at?  What brand and model is your phone?

But one thing, the 4G speed might needs 48 hours to kick in, but for new activation, it could come immediately

Also, check your phone, make sure you leave your Preferred network to Automatic or select LTE/HSPA/GSM or 4G/3G/2G, and not 3G only.  

But again, would be helpful if you confirm what model is your phone, sometimes, the lack of compatible 4G bands on the device would be the reason

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is your phone able to do 4G? Can you change networks to include LTE? Is it maybe set on 3G only?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@wals5751   The change to 4G speed can take about 48 hours to take effect.  When did you change plans?

Need Help? Let's chat.