cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone service is active, but cannot make calls locally

ExoticCluster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi guys,

I have been with Public Mobile for about 2 months now. 

A few days ago, I had paid $30 dollars to hook up my service again. I didn't have any problems before and this is my first time having this issue.

Everytime I try make calls, it tells me that "Sorry, you cannot complete this call, you are not covered for long distance calls" 

If anyone can help me, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-Moses

7 REPLIES 7

@ExoticCluster

As you wait for the moderator, you could try another "trick".  Manually load $1 into your balance.  Sometimes that resets the account and the plan re-activates.  As mentioned the moderator wait times are bad right now....

@ExoticCluster Just for clarity; do those calls connect if you just ignore the message?

If you are stuck waiting for moderator support and need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ExoticCluster

Mimmo_L, yes I did. Still doesn't work

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ExoticCluster mods are relying 48+ hours.  Did you try the lost stolen trick?

ExoticCluster

Hi, I had contacted them. But still no reply.

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @ExoticCluster

Try log on to your account and see if your account is still active. If it is not or even if it is and this problem persit, you may need to contact the moderators to fix the issue.

Contact them on this link with your number and 4 digit pin.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey try putting you pho e in stolen mode from within selfserve for 5 minutes then clicking found d phone.that seems to be an account to reset feature.

Let us know if it works.

More info here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

Need Help? Let's chat.