cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone saying ran out of minutes but...

zackvandermolen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Every time I try to make a call my phone says I have used up all my minutes. When I went into self serve to check how many I have used I have only gone through 10 minutes out of my total 100 minute limit, I don't make calls very often. This is the second time this has happened with a similar amount of minutes being used. I'm at a lose of what to do. Any help is appreciated. 

25 REPLIES 25

@gpixel 

The $15 plan is no better or no worse than any other plan when it comes to glitches.

@zackvandermolen 

it's cause the $15 plan has to many issues and is 💩. if you can afford it, just upgrade to the $25/1gb with unlimited calling/texts. after 5 years it'll be $16 or lower if you have referrals

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Does this happen when you try to call your own voicemail?

If incoming calls are good then as suggested $1 top up and reboot is worth a shot.

If not, ticket with CSA.

I guess i am lucky then.. honest. Pm has been rock solid for me.. Never have this issue (knock knock).. The only time I really have issue was incoming calls go to voicemail which I hve to reseat SIM to fix. .. other than that.. no issue .. no complaint.  i enjoy my "beautiful service"   Lol

@softech 

This is a common glitch for any plan. Since I have been here anyhow. It's probably been at least 6 months since it last happened to me. Usually rebooting your phone, waiting an hour and then calling a frequently called contact by manually dialing usually solves the problem. But what the OP is experiencing is uncommon when it comes to this glitch.

@darlicious wrote:

This is a common glitch that usually decreases in frequency the longer you are a customer.

@darlicious  so, this is a common glitch for $15 plan?  how long the glitch has been?

@zackvandermolen wrote:

When the problem happens it can last anywhere from am hour to days at a time. I never call outside of the local area and rarely use minutes at all. I suppose opening a ticket would be the next realistic step.

when it happens do incoming calls work?  maybe data work too?

@zackvandermolen 

This is a common glitch that usually decreases in frequency the longer you are a customer. However that doesn't seem to be the case for you rather increasing in frequency. @dabr  suggestion of adding a $1 payment may work in the short term but I suspect you will find it returning in the near future. Contact customer support as suggested and ask the CSA to reset your account and reprovision your sim card. This will hopefully fix the problem outright. If you find it returns again with increased frequency then you may want to try replacing your sim card. Get prior approval from a CSA that they will credit your account the cost of the replacement sim card and save your reciept if requested.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zackvandermolen 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

6. try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

7. and do again Rebooting your phone

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

@zackvandermolen wrote:

When the problem happens it can last anywhere from am hour to days at a time. I never call outside of the local area and rarely use minutes at all. I suppose opening a ticket would be the next realistic step.

@zackvandermolen   You could try either topping up your account with $1 and restarting your phone.  Or try the lost/stolen trick by selecting the Plans/add-ons tab, then Lost/Stolen and Suspend Service, log out after a few mins log back in and this time Resume Service, log out and reboot phone.

Both of these can do a soft reset of your account. 

zackvandermolen

@zackvandermolen   I guess open a ticket with PM CS_Agent.. have them to check it and confirm.  

curious, when you got the message, out of minute, would you be able to call without issue after hanging up and redial ? or does it take long for it to "clean up" and work again?  

Actually, before you open a ticket, I would record timestamp and number you try to call,  Maybe keep a list of 5 times, then open ticket with PM.  Armed with the proof and maybe easier for CS Agent to trace back.

I guess you know by now how to open ticket with PM?

Spoiler

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

@zackvandermolen wrote:

I appreciate all the suggestions, however the problem is persistent and seemingly unrelated to my phone or plan. This has occurred multiple times and each time is has, the plan has used less than 50% of it's allotted minutes, the dialing of a 1 in front makes no difference, and rebooting the phone does not affect it at all. Mind you this does not happen every day or time I use the phone but at random times and random days of the week. Also, data usage has no effect on this. Data 3g or 4g works just fine even while the problem is occurring. Plan is auto pay so that is not the issue either.

I've experienced similar issue as you. Waiting for a few minutes seemed to help. Also, try cycling Airplane mode On / Off...it's a longshot buy did help in my case.

@zackvandermolen wrote:

I did get the information from the same place you showed in your picture. I have been adding a 1 infront of the numbers I am calling, and I'm only making local calls.

@zackvandermolen    So you see available mins line (100 mins) on your overview page under My Data/Add-ons?   Do you check your voicemail via your phone a that consumes from the available mins too?

You might need to contact customer support to take a look at your account if the mins haven't been used up.  You can submit a ticket via chatbot bottom right of screen or send a private message to CS_Agent by clicking the envelope icon top right.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@zackvandermolen wrote:

Every time I try to make a call my phone says I have used up all my minutes. When I went into self serve to check how many I have used I have only gone through 10 minutes out of my total 100 minute limit, I don't make calls very often. This is the second time this has happened with a similar amount of minutes being used. I'm at a lose of what to do. Any help is appreciated. 

@zackvandermolen 

Did you activate earlier this year (2021)? There was a period of time where new activations were for Provincial Only calling.

In this case you would need a $5 addon for 500 Canada Wide Calling Minutes that roll over each renewal until used up.

Just making sure...are you on a Canada-Wide calling plan or were you one of those activations on a Provincial Only calling plan?

If you happen to be on a Provincial Only calling plan, you can schedule a Plan Change on your NEXT RENEWAL, and you will then be upgraded to the Canada-Wide calling plan, since the Provincial plans went away.

Disregard all above - if you are already on the $15 Canada-Wide 100 outgoing minutes plan.

zackvandermolen

I appreciate all the suggestions, however the problem is persistent and seemingly unrelated to my phone or plan. This has occurred multiple times and each time is has, the plan has used less than 50% of it's allotted minutes, the dialing of a 1 in front makes no difference, and rebooting the phone does not affect it at all. Mind you this does not happen every day or time I use the phone but at random times and random days of the week. Also, data usage has no effect on this. Data 3g or 4g works just fine even while the problem is occurring. Plan is auto pay so that is not the issue either.

@Anonymous wrote:

@zackvandermolen 

when your limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

If OP has run outta regular plan minutes...I don't think selecting 3G or WCDMA will make any difference.

Maybe suggest customer get the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on might be a better alternative suggestion eh.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zackvandermolen 

when your limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

@zackvandermolen wrote:

I did get the information from the same place you showed in your picture. I have been adding a 1 infront of the numbers I am calling, and I'm only making local calls.

so, it still not work?  

no worry about adding the 1 in front of even local calls.  It wont charge you extra anyway

Please try one more reboot and see how it goes

zackvandermolen

@HALIMACS to reduce argument , I can prove that we didn't copy each other or change the content after (yes, there has been lots of arguments lately!!!)   

LoL

Holy batman, @softech 

We appear to be on similar wavelengths ...  🤣🤣🤣

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zackvandermolen 

and do Rebooting your phone,

To get the obvious out of the way...you used ( +1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,

for Example long distance in canada or from USA,, Add (+1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,
1416xxxxxxx,
or
+1416xxxxxxx,
both is will going through your call...

Good luck and enjoy the service.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @zackvandermolen 

Try putting 1 in front of number being called.

Do other call functions work?   Incoming calls, texting?

Make sure you're checking your self-serve account landing page for minutes remaining, and not just phone log records.

EDIT:  It will look like this if there are minutes remaining:

HALIMACS_0-1635806215968.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@zackvandermolen   did you try reboot your phone?  or adding a 1- in front of the 10 digits you are calling?

Also, you got the information about you only used 10 minutes from  the overview tab of My Account?  Something like this (the line about  100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk) :

E-MyAcc-$15Plan Add-ons.png

Need Help? Let's chat.