cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone plan is activated .... can't call or send/receive text... ugh >:(

Scott2018
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I try to call my voice mail , it says to go to public mobile and activate a plan with talking and text etc etc... I've had people texting my phone and nothing comes thru ,  my data works ... that's it ...

I have 45$ a month , 6gigs data ... unlimited talk and text canada...

someone please help me this is ridiculous

18 REPLIES 18

@Scott2018 wrote:

z10user4 z10user4 Mayor / Maire 21m ago Re: Phone plan is activated .... can't call or send/receive text... ugh 😠 @Scott2018 : Try: log in to your self-serve, click Plans & Add-ons, click Lost/Stolen, click Suspend, log out, wait a minute or three, log in and back and click Resume, restart phone. See what happens.

Interesting, wonder if it was the Lost/Stolen designation that did it or simply the restarting of the device itself (or did it require the combination of doing both)

Either way, safe to say you should accept @Anonymous initial post as the Solution.

@Scott2018 wrote:

well my boss left me a voice mail... and i was able to get into my voice mail... im not sure if 611 is the voice mail #.. but it wasn't working when i called it.. Maybe I'm just stupid. but everythings fixed thanks guy

Hi @Scott2018 good to hear that your problem is resolved.  

FYI, 611 does not give you access to your voicemail.  It gives you access to your account by phone.

Here's how to access your voicemail messages: 

To access voicemail messages from your mobile device, hold down the ‘1’ key on your phone keypad. You can also access your voicemail from a landline or any other phone line, by dialing your 10-digit phone number, selecting ‘Send’ or ‘Call’ and then pressing ‘*’ to skip the system greeting.

Have a great day

RosieR

@Scott2018 

You can call your voicemail from another phone by dialing your phone #, when it connects press "*" and enter your voicemail 4 digit pin # and proceed from there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scott2018 : So it just sorta fixed itself? Or did you do that lost/stolen procedure? The 611 is the account access via phone. It's somewhat limited in functionality.

Scott2018

well my boss left me a voice mail... and i was able to get into my voice mail... im not sure if 611 is the voice mail #.. but it wasn't working when i called it.. Maybe I'm just stupid. but everythings fixed thanks guy

@Anonymous 

Is that a three martini lunch? I make a mean 007 vodka martini. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Today at lunch, when I'm sipping martinis with Darren Entwistle, I'll tell him he has to fix the system. He listens to me. 🙂

@Scott2018 

Ok thank you. Be advised that now that you have enabled lost/stolen your rewards will not apply upon renewal. Make sure you are on autopay or have enough funds in your account to cover your renewal. Contact the moderators after renewal to have them add your rewards manually.

@Anonymous 

See now pm moderators have another issue to deal with....the manual application of rewards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scott2018 : So the lost/stolen got it working? If so, be aware that this may affect any rewards coming your way at your next renewal. If they don't come then you'll need to ask the moderators to credit your account.

@Scott2018 

Yes please so we can help others.....

@Anonymous 

Yes it seems that way but with 611 connection being the only sign of the possibility of a simjacking when all other servuces stop working how does on err on the side of caution?

Scott2018

z10user4 z10user4 Mayor / Maire 21m ago Re: Phone plan is activated .... can't call or send/receive text... ugh 😠 @Scott2018 : Try: log in to your self-serve, click Plans & Add-ons, click Lost/Stolen, click Suspend, log out, wait a minute or three, log in and back and click Resume, restart phone. See what happens.

Excellent - can you tell us what fixed it?

Scott2018

thanks guys its fixed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : As one of several troubleshooting checks yes...but I kinda think other things are afoot. The sim-swap would leave no services working. The company seems to be mucking around with things willy-nilly.

@Scott2018 

Check on your financial accounts to make sure they are not compromised.

@HALIMACS @Anonymous 

The inability to check your sim card let alone change it is frustratingly stupid!

@Scott2018 

Are you on wifi? Call 611 from your phone and see if it connects. If not put your phone in lost/stolen mode. Change your password and security question and answer and password. Contact the moderators and have them check the last 4 digits of your sim card with the ones in your phone.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Scott2018 

You should log on to your self serve account to see if the status is active.

If you've recently had a renewal, it is possible the payment did not apply. You may have to make a manual payment and then click reactivate service. 

If you lost all services during the middle of your cycle, and rebooting and removing/replacing your sim card doesn't help, please check out this article if you believe you may have been SIM swapped:

SIM Swap Fraud (publicmobile.ca)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scott2018 : Try: log in to your self-serve, click Plans & Add-ons, click Lost/Stolen, click Suspend, log out, wait a minute or three, log in and back and click Resume, restart phone.

See what happens.

Need Help? Let's chat.