Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Transfer from Vonage

cleflojul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I have transfered a number from Vonage.

My cell phone is now working. I can call and receive calls.

But my landline is still working as well. I can still make phone calls, but not able to receive calls. When I called Vonage, they said they didn't get any service interruption ticket.

How can I make sure that Public Mobile has completed the number transfer request?

Should I just call Vonage and terminate the service with them now?

TIA 

7 REPLIES 7

@Camera4617 wrote:

I would still ensure that Vonage is cancelled after porting is done. Otherwise, you might need to pay service there too. 

This is normally an extremely bad idea. Many customers do not understand when porting has been completed.  Porting is not complete simply because outgoing calls works. Risking getting charged extra is less important (in my opinion) than possibly losing the phone number.  The need to call the old provider because the old provider somehow forgets to cancel the servcie after port out has fully completed is extremely rare. Besides, if that actually happens, there will be a record of the phone number port out and the old carrier would haver no choice but to refund the charges.  

@Camera4617 wrote:

I would still ensure that Vonage is cancelled after porting is done. Otherwise, you might need to pay service there too. 

Or at a minimum, @cleflojul , make sure any payment card which may be registered within their systems is completely removed if they're saved on their system.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

No need to worry about cancelling Vonage.  Once the port is completed, Vonage will close the account for you.

You will lost your phone number if you close the account yourself

@cleflojul wrote:

Should I just call Vonage and terminate the service with them now?

No

Absolutely, do not do this. If you do, the number porting will fail. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@cleflojul 

Call the porting helpline at 1-x for porting related problems.

It's not available for any other account related inquiries. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It can take a few days for your port to be completed.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.