cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone plan has changed

Spiri9193
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went from $40 monthly to$75, anyone else got a surprise after the changes from may 2024

5 REPLIES 5

HMGrei
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, it was surprising to see the increased price this month.  I read through all the reward plan information and it looks like we can get money back, but you have to have at least 15 points before you can use them to help pay off your bill.  You can also use your points to purchase add ons if you like.  I'm still not sure if we lost our loyalty discount though.  Check out this info, if you haven't already:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/mb/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You could have been on a much less expensive plan many months ago. Some advice for all PM subscribers: check PM’s plan offerings at least weekly (if not daily) as they change frequently and have gotten less expensive over the past several months.

Spiri9193
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, thanks, I’ve been looking at the plans

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Spiri9193  🫣 yea, unfortunately,  we all got the shocker with the removal of the loyalty program. 

But, you will be getting 5% back on spending and 1 point on each active referral each 30 days.

You could sign into your account and click on Subscription and Add-ONS to see if there might be a better plan out there for you.  Not much for existing members regrettably though.

It's rough.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Spiri9193 

do you have a $75 plans and have lots of referrals rewards?

PM changed the legacy rewards system in May and everyone are now on Public Points.  With Public Points, you will first pay the full around first and get back the friend referrals in points.  So, if wait 2 days after renewal, go to the rewards portal, you will see your friend referrals and the 5% points there

and you really have a $75 plan?  if you do, check the latest plans, they are cheaper and offer more

Need Help? Let's chat.