cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number

Ada52216
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I recently switched to Public Mobile with the e-sim option.  My old phone number has been successfully ported. However I am not sure why it still shows the phone number assigned by Public whenever I send text messages to anyone, instead of showing my old phone number. Anyone can help please. 

4 REPLIES 4

Ada52216
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks. You are a life saver. 

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Hi @Ada52216 

I don't think the port fully completed. I will send you a private message up top to your right with the porting team number.

When it comes to outgoing text messages and calls the wrong phone number being shown would be unrelated to porting not being complete. The ported number gets assigned immediately to the Public Mobile account even if porting hasn't finished (or even if it failed).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ada52216 

first, you can make and receive calls and text without issue?

and you are using iPhone? if you are , please to go iMessage settings, remove the phone number first.  Then reboot the phone, and go back to iMessage and put the correct phone number back

if you are not using iPhone, then check with your friend, make sure they don't have the contact saved with your temporary phone number.  

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Ada52216 

I don't think the port fully completed. I will send you a private message up top to your right with the porting team number.

Need Help? Let's chat.