cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number transfer

mechantboris
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, i switched from virgin to public mobile. I did what was required to keep my Phone number. They said it would take a few hours and gave me a temporary Phone number. However this temporary Phone number apparently became the real one and my old number doesnt work anymore. What do I do To get back my Phone number ?!!!

4 REPLIES 4

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@mechantboris 

From the sounds of it you missed responding YES to the porting authorization text (PAT) from Virgin. If more than 30 days has passed since your port request was submitted then pm automatically assigns either a new number or the temporary number to the account.

The port request phone number is returned to the old provider who fully assigns it back on the customer's account. If the account is postpaid active service  on the Sim card will continue until the account goes unpaid more than 60 to 90 days (depending on the provider's ToS) and is suspended for non payment.

Prepaid accounts are suspended once the current 30 day cycle finishes and another renewal payment is made to continue service with a new 30 day cycle. Virgin's prepaid account service terms should be similar to pm's giving you 90 days to pay and reactivate your services/account. Once you do so you will be able to submit your port request again either through pm customer support or calling the telus/koodo porting department. Find out what the cheapest plan you can reactivate on to achieve active services. If you know longer have the virgin Sim card to reply YES to the PAT within 90 minutes of recieving it you will need to call virgin immediately after submitting your port request to verify and verbally approve the port.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mechantboris 

If you are porting over from a Virgin prepaid plan to PM. You are required to pick a temporary number.

If the Virgin was a postpaid plan, it is a simple replying to the text with YES from Virgin confirming you are porting to PM then your old SIM will continue to work until porting is completed. There is a 90 minute window to reply to the text or porting will be cancelled. This could take up to 90 minutes.

Either case contact a CS_Agent by private messaging to help you retrieve your old number:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

mechantboris
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Le transfert de mon numéro avait sûrement été fait car j'ai reçu deux appels (ma femme et mon fils) par la suite. Tout avait bien fonctionné. Par après, sans que je m'en rende compte, on dirait que mon cell est revenu à un autre numéro qui était probablement le numéro temporaire qu'on m'avait donné. Je n'arrive pas à comprendre ce qui s'est passé. Je ne m'en suis pas aperçu tout de suite car je n'ai fait que des appels et n'en ai pas reçu d'autres et je comprends maintenant pourquoi car mon bon numéro ne fonctionnait plus. Je n'utilise pas beaucoup mon cellulaire c'est pourquoi ça a été long avant que je m'en rende compte. Je n'ai plus la carte SIM de Virgin. Je voudrais récupérer mon bon numéro de téléphone. Est-ce possible?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Did you get that Porting text from your previous provider? You should have received a text from Virgin asking to permit the porting of your number. If you said yes, then the port should only take a few hours. To confirm this, insert the Virgin SIM into your phone. If you still have service, the port wasn't complete. If you didn't say yes to the text, you need to reach out to a CS agent for assistance. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.