cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number recovery

Vlangille1559
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I had a number with public mobile that I brought over from Koodo. I was trying to add a second line/ phone number and realized that i deactivated my current phone number, (which is my business phone number ). I stopped the transfer when I realized what may be taking place but was too late. I submitted a ticket to try and recover my phone number and the customer service agents said the number was gone and could not do anything to get it back. Looking at some of the posts on here it sounds like there may be a way to recover/ reactivate my number? This has happened all in the last 30 hours. I have even tried calling Koodo ( twice)  to see if they could re- activate the number and they said PM has cancelled the number but because it is still under PM Koodo can’t re-activate it for me. The chat agents have not been helpful and explain very little about what has happened. 

if I get a new number with PM and then request my old number would that be the avenue??

I am desperate to re-activate the number as it is my business number. I am also in the midst of traveling in the USA with minimal access to wifi. Please advise 🙏🏼

5 REPLIES 5

Vlangille1559

Ya I’ll try to submit a new ticket tomorrow and see if someone else can help dig a bit more. 
I was able to look up the phone number and it is a Telus number. I originally got it from Koodo close to 7 years ago (if not longer). I’ve actually never had a plan with Roger’s or bell! 
I appreciate your responses and effort to help! 🙂 

Sorry for all that. Maybe you can ask PM when it will be realised then so that Koodo can access it and try.

Perhaps the number was not originally from the Telus family, but Bell or Rogers. That could be why PM can't recover it. Happened so fast though.

Vlangille1559

no it’s not in use, I’ve called it and it is deactivated. Very frustrating. I put another ticket through but got a response from the same person again unfortunately. She said the number was gone and could not be recovered or reassigned. She did say that if Koodo could activate it to give them my account number so I called Koodo again to see if the account number would help and they said they could get in and see what happened but didn’t have access to the number as PM still had it 

Vlangille1559

@softech @hTideGnow @hairbag1 forgot to tag in original post 🙂

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Hmm that's always a tricky one.

Since it just happened,  I don't know why they are not able to recover.  It shouldn't be reassigned already. Did you try calling it?

I would play dumb and ask them again. 

I wouldn't open an account with a new number in hopes of getting the original back incase they can't. 

Message them again.  Hopefully you will get someone else who is more helpful or have more knowledge on this issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.