cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number in about phone is incorrect.

Brogahn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Folks, after porting my number from virgin, the phone number in about phone still lists the original public mobile number. I have data and the number in the portal is correct. But I believe something is stuck somewhere to make that final change. I am not sure if this is also preventing me from receiving texts. 

14 REPLIES 14

@Travelgeek thats great!! Too bad they had to change your number.

Travelgeek
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Finally got in touch with them and fixed my problem. It ended up changing my phone number. Now can make calls, text messages and access to My Account.

Thank you again Sansan, your link brought me directly to the customer service agent. That was super helpful!

Travelgeek

Thank you Sansan, waiting CS agent's reply.

Ok if the chatbot is not working use the link below. It's cs agent.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Travelgeek

My problem is the chatbot has all preset answers, i kept replying from the answers, how to creat a ticket there?

I think I was able to reach the Private Message page, but a PM "user name" is needed to be sent ... where to find out the name?

Travelgeek

how find the "user name" of a PM that i want to send the message to? 

you can use the chatbot on the app to submit a ticket to check further with PM or

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Travelgeek

Cannot receive text message

@Travelgeek wrote:

My phone number in About Phone is "unknown". How can I open a support ticket?

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

There's also the method of use the app that was mentioned.  However, if all your services are working, having your phone phone numbers listed as unknown on your device can normally be ignored.

Travelgeek

My phone number in About Phone is "unknown". How can I open a support ticket?

Brogahn

Opened a support ticket, and they reset my network connections. About phone shows the correct number and I am able to receive texts now. 

Brogahn

I have rebooted the phone  and sent texts to myself on both my work phone and my cell calling works. Texts do not. The phone number in about phone is still the non ported number.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Brogahn , is your Virgin account still active? Are calls coming through on it? I know there were a few posts yesterday re unable to receive SMS so not sure if yours is the same scenario. 

Reboot your phone and see if still same. If so, you can use the chatbot on the app to submit a ticket to check further with PM.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Brogahn Send yourself an SMS to the ported number, see if you get it. Call your ported number and see if you get it.

Need Help? Let's chat.