cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number hacked?

SEP0835
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There is a number being called from my phone that I do not know.  This has happened several times in the past months but only shows on my account history, not from my phone.  What should I do?  I have changed my password now but is there something else I can do? 

4 REPLIES 4

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@SEP0835 

What's likely concerning you, and many others understandably, is the call to that voicemail access number is listed as an "outgoing call" in your usage log.

This causes many to believe someone is using their PM service without their knowledge/consent, when in fact it's simply the PM voicemail system doing what it needs to do to 'route' any incoming calls to the local PM voicemail server in your area code.

Great question and good observational skills though!!!

That's sounds about correct.  The standard voicemail number is 4001. You can dail it from your phone and it will go directly to your inbox for messages if you set up your phone that way. Or just press and hold 1 on your keypad it will go directly  in voicemail. 

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Probably nothing is 'hacked' as spam callers are able to spoof any number as theirs to make call look like 'legit'. That doesn't mean somebody is using your number, but pretending so. If you still have service using your number you are good to go. Also, it is good to have strong password for any reason, but i would not worry. 

EDIT.. Now I saw that you see it in your history.. Probably as previous post said.. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @SEP0835  does what number ends with 4001 or 4002? 

If it is , no worries, it is just voicemail

PM record any calls forwared to voicemail for no answer, or when you call your voicemail from your phone.  So, you can safely ignore those logs with 4001 numbers.  They are safe

Need Help? Let's chat.