cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number changed by itself.

squiresruth123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been with public mobile for a while now and out of the blue my phone number changed to a completely different number. Why did this happen and how can I get my old number back? @CS_Agent

22 REPLIES 22

@dust2dust i'm hoping it is them fine tuning it, as Public Mobile continues as a dynamic shape-shifter. Private message works sure, but to link the original issue to a ticket number is ideal for both customer and company. Verifying is easy-peasy (as long as one can log into their My Account, that is).

@esjliv- lol So it's intermittent. Public Mobile is Grrreeeat! (thanks maximum_gato)

@squiresruth123 wrote:

Looks like the SIM number lines up.

@squiresruth123 glad to hear that. Just something I would check first if something like that happened to me. 

Are you using a 'new to you phone' by any chance? The phone could be registered under a different number showing differently to your recipients.

@dust2dust wrote:

@esjliv- Do you know if the ticketing system is working now?

@dust2dust it worked for me yesterday. But having said that, it worked for me a week or more ago, then it didn't. So, I always try Chatbot first, which works quickly when a-okay.

squiresruth123

Looks like the SIM number lines up.

@esjliv- Do you know if the ticketing system is working now?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@squiresruth123 wrote:

I've been with public mobile for a while now and out of the blue my phone number changed to a completely different number. Why did this happen and how can I get my old number back? @CS_Agent

@squiresruth123 nope, we ain't CS_Agents, but there ways to reach them:

1-click on that hyperlink in your post and click SEND A MESSAGE on the right side, this goes privately to customer support.

2-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], OR

3 -Use this link (same as #1)  Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

While you wait for an agent to reply, log into My Account and check if the SIM CARD # showing in your My Account compared to the SIM card # in your phone. It if does not then it appears someone has been fraudulent (SIM-jacked) on your account. But if you have services working, I don't feel this is the case, but Just to Confirm.

Review the earlier reply with a link. It's not really a ticket. It's private message. And then you'll need to verify your access to the account.

squiresruth123

I'll look into that.

@squiresruth123 wrote:

How do I open ticket with PM support? Is this not that?

@squiresruth123 

You will need to open ticket with support using direct message here

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

squiresruth123

How do I open ticket with PM support? Is this not that?

Just spit-balling, did you leave an unpaid device balance at the old place?

@squiresruth123   it is really rare number got change and not because of the stuck port

please open ticket with PM support and see what they find

Also, login to My Account, go to Profile page, confirm if the phone number there is the one you have or a new one

If that was your greeting you heard then the number is still yours. So that's good. It might be that that voicemail box is on the old service. Contact support as suggested above.

squiresruth123

I did receive calls on the old number with the public SIM.

@squiresruth123 wrote:

About two months, porting was complete because I got the verification on the old sim which I responded with yes.

@squiresruth123   did you ever receive incoming calls on this PM sim card?

you still have the old sim card to test  if it is still working?

I would suggest you message support and confirm if the porting was ever completed.  You might have replied YES but you could have replied AFTER the 90 mins and it would not be useful

message them here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

squiresruth123

It goes straight to my voicemail.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did the old service get closed? What happens when you dial the number that you think it should be?

squiresruth123

Phone says a totally different number on my contact and when I call/text others.

squiresruth123

About two months, porting was complete because I got the verification on the old sim which I responded with yes.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@squiresruth123 , how are you determining that your phone number changed?  Personally, I would go by what the phone says is the number.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@squiresruth123   did you just joined PM for a month? did you request porting the number into PM with your activation a month ago?

If you did, then likely the porting was NOT completed and you have been paying the old provider last month as well (unless you call and close the account yourself with your old provider).  If porting was not done for a month, PM will reassign you a new number and voided the old porting request.

Put your old sim card back in a phone and see if that still works.  If so, that also confirm the porting was not done and your old account with the other provider still working

Need Help? Let's chat.