cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not esim compatible

Tim51
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to install a line for my daughter. The phone is a Samsung S20 sp I thought E sim was compatible, I guess it's not. I get a message that phone is not compatible with E sim. I can not go back to change it to a physical sim. I've already been charged and have no idea what to do.

6 REPLIES 6

Tim51
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was finally able to submit a ticket after it wouldn't let me. Is there a way I can go back to the option for a normal sim card?

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Tim51 

It depends on which model of the Samsung S20 your daughter have. There is a dual SIM and a eSIM/SIM version for this model.

If it is a dual SIM then you need to contact a CS_Agent and explain but since PM is not offering free SIM with new activations.

It would be better off that you go to your local Telus/Koodo store and pick up a SIM for $10 and start from scratch on the PM app.

The Galaxy S20 models that only have one SIM card slot cannot be used with eSIM at Public Mobile either.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Tim51 

It depends on which model of the Samsung S20 your daughter have. There is a dual SIM and a eSIM/SIM version for this model.

If it is a dual SIM then you need to contact a CS_Agent and explain but since PM is not offering free SIM with new activations.

It would be better off that you go to your local Telus/Koodo store and pick up a SIM for $10 and start from scratch on the PM app.

The customers should not start from scratch with a new activation. This will cause the custoemer to be charged for a second plan/second account. The first account must be fixed.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Open a TICKET. Do NOT message agent directly as we have been told it will take forever if ever for them to reply that way.

TICKET is the RIGHT WAY to ask for assistance from Public Mobile.

Ask agent what your options are; they might send you physical SIM or worst case scenario you will have to pay for it.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Tim51 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Tim51  

send  a  private message   To CS_Agent

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.