cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone isn’t working

JollyGood87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just got my PM account set up yesterday, and this morning I decided to transfer my previous phone number to my new account. It says the transfer was successful and the number is now my PM number instead of Koodo, but I have no service, can’t call out or receive calls. Help?

13 REPLIES 13

@JollyGood87 wrote:

I didn’t try making any calls yesterday before transferring the number. Koodo is saying that I can’t receive the confirmation text to port out the number because my account had been suspended due to non-payment and I would need to pay out the full balance to re-activate my service and receive the confirmation text.

As many mentioned, BOTH accounts have to be active in order for porting to be successful.

FCC has nothing to do with Canadian rules. We are different country with our own rules.

So if you want your old number to be transferred to PM, you will have to pay whatever Koodo is charging you to activate that account and then initiate port again.

JollyGood87: The FCC is a foreign authority that has no jurisdiction here. You would need clarification from the CRTC.

@JollyGood87 wrote:

I read that the FCC passed an act stating that a carrier cannot keep you from porting out your phone number due to n outstanding balance. Does this only apply in the US?

@JollyGood87   They cannot keep you from porting out ONLY if your account is ACTIVE.  Every provider is like that, suspended account CANNOT be ported out.  

BUT.. since you are porting from Koodo, which both PM and Koodo are Telus, maybe they will help to port the account even it is suspended.

Also, check if your PM sim is working?  try to make an outgoing calls.  outgoing should be working regardless of your porting situation

Open a ticket with PM to ask if they can help to port on a suspended Koodo account, and possibly ask them to check your SIM provisioning issue if you cannot make outgoing calls

1. If you have access to My account: Click on the bubble on the lower right or https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

JollyGood87

I read that the FCC passed an act stating that a carrier cannot keep you from porting out your phone number due to n outstanding balance. Does this only apply in the US?

JollyGood87

I didn’t try making any calls yesterday before transferring the number. Koodo is saying that I can’t receive the confirmation text to port out the number because my account had been suspended due to non-payment and I would need to pay out the full balance to re-activate my service and receive the confirmation text.

@JollyGood87   sorry, you said your Koodo account was suspended due to non-payment?  So, when you request porting, your Koodo account was already suspended?  Can you login to Koodo now?

@JollyGood87 wrote:

One issue is that my number was just suspended due to non-payment by Koodo

In order to port number, both accounts have to be active.

If your Koodo account is suspended due to no payment, you will have to pay - make it active and then submit porting request again.

Unfortunately your koodo account would have been paid up and in good standing/active to complete the port, that is probably what is holding it up. You may have to pay that bill and get it active again if you want to transfer the number over. 

JollyGood87

I did the number transfer with the PM SIM card in. Koodo had just cut off my service yesterday. I tried temporarily putting the Koodo SIM back in but did t receive any messages (probably because there’s no service)

JollyGood87

When my husband tried calling from his phone, it said 4UV1- the client is temporarily out of service or not equipped for incoming calls. 

One issue is that my number was just suspended due to non-payment by Koodo, wondered if they somehow stopped the number transfer? But when I put in the number in PM self-serve, it definitely associates it with my PM account.

I will try turning my phone off and then on again, hopefully the simple fix is the one that will work 🤞

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

What your self-service account says? Is your account Active?

Did you have service at all before you ported number?

Did you follow proper porting steps? Leave old SIM in the phone, answer Yes after receiving SMS from Koodo within 90 minutes, etc.?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JollyGood87   Was the service working yesterday?

Try to reboot the phone once again

Also, what is it saying on the Phone Status on top?  "SIM not provisioned"? "No SIM"? "No Network"?

do you have another phone around?  Try to put your PM SIM there and see if it works on another phone

Another thing, when you call yourself from another line, does the call goes to your Koodo VM or PM VM?  just to confirm if it porting was indeed completed

Need Help? Let's chat.