cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone cuts out

kickpleat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone cuts out when talking to my friend who always calls me from the US. There are long pauses where my phone cuts out and I can't hear her and sometimes I hear some screachy interference noises on my end and she sounds like she's breaking up. She says she can hear me the whole time - I'm the one with the issue. We are always walking and talking at the same time. She's pretty much the only person I chat with where this happens. Help! I have a new iphone so I'm assuming it's public mobile. Has anyone had this happen? 

8 REPLIES 8

kickpleat

Thanks! Interesting, I do also notice a bit of a lag, but it's not that bad. I don't know anything about VoLTE but I'll check it out, thanks! 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I call the US regularly and often notice the same thing. Sometimes it's to other mobile phones, other times it's to companies on their landlines. It makes for really awkward conversations when we're constantly cutting each other off because of lag. I haven't had to call down there since I've switched to VoLTE, so that may help, but I'm not very hopeful about that. 

I posted about this issue about a year ago:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Lag-on-long-distance-voice-calls/td-p/812...

kickpleat

She's the only person I've consistently chatted with. I could try talking to her and not going for a walk in case that's the issue. There's no other phone I can test on. 

kickpleat

My friend works for at&t and has a new phone and she uses their service. She's never had any issues. I'm the one with the problem so I'm pretty sure it's a public mobile problem. 

kickpleat

Standard network.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@kickpleat 

is your US friend calling from a standard network or is she calling using a voip app such as Textnow or some such ?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kickpleat 

There are 4 parties are at fault.  i.e. your US caller's phone and provider + your phone and your PM service.

You can ask you US friend whether is her phone or her provider issue or not.  If your new phone never had any issue when you are talking to your Canadian calls, you may create a support ticket to check on your PM mobile line.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kickpleat - umm... Have you talked to other people from the US on your phone? How is that service?

Also, can you try your SIM card into another phone before your next call with her to test if this happens again?

If it happens in other phones, I'd contact customer support to tell them about the experience you are having being only to this US number. 

Need Help? Let's chat.