cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving some sms text messages ever since I switched to Public Mobile.

idavis1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched from Bell to Public Mobile 2-weeks ago and ever since I have not been receiving SMS text messages from certain contacts/phone numbers, both Android and iPhone. I have the same Android phone that I had with Bell. I tried restarting the phone, putting the SIM card into another phone, and manually inputing the APN number. Nothing has worked.

8 REPLIES 8

@idavis1 wrote:

I did reply "yes" to the porting text.

However, I found my old Bell SIM card. When I put it back into my phone I received all of the missing texts and calls.

Is there a way to re-port the number from Bell as it seems that my old SIM card is still active?

@idavis1   it is only true if your Bell sim card can still make outgoing calls and receive incoming calls , which mean it is active.  Check it

Yes, you might have replied the text, but you  might have replied late. 

@idavis1 

It sounds like the porting is not completed. Yes, your Bell account is still active.

You need to reply within a 90 minute window or porting will be cancelled.

You will need to contact a CS_Agent to have them restart the porting process.

Some members here have the number to the PM Porting department but unfortunately I don’t have it. Someone here will private message you the number.

So keep the Bell SIM in your phone and wait for the text again.

idavis1

Checked. Non of these contacts are blocked on my phone.

idavis1

I did reply "yes" to the porting text.

However, I found my old Bell SIM card. When I put it back into my phone I received all of the missing texts and calls.

Is there a way to re-port the number from Bell as it seems that my old SIM card is still active?

idavis1

To answer your 2 questions, yes to both. I can send both texts and calls when I switch phones. However, I still don't receive the majority of texts sent to me, both Android and iPhone.

After resetting the Network Setting and turning off the Chat Feature I am still not receiving most texts and calls, both Android and iPhone. Though I can send texts and make calls.

I found my old Bell SIM card. When I put it back into my phone I received all of the missing texts and calls.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@idavis1  - 

Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

Wait, you said when you put the SIM card into another phone the TEXTS still don't come in. Is that correct?

Can you send out texts to these people successfully? 

Can you receive calls from these people successfully? 

Both iMessage and Chat Features require a wifi connection or data to send/receive texts. Are you or any of these sender using these features?

• if iMessage and you are out of data for your current cycle be sure to have SMS and MMS enabled in the settings of the device.
  • if you are using android and you use Chat Features, then I suggest you turn that off, as it requires wifi or data to send/receive texts.

Disable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@idavis1 

Since you ported over to PM, did you reply with YES to the text with the Bell SIM in your phone?

You have 90 minutes to confirm or the porting will be in limbo and as a result, calls and text are not going through.

The Bell SIM should still continue to work if porting is not completed.

But try rebooting your phone first by powering off your phone then power back on…see if that works.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@idavis1 

double check to see if you haven't accidentally blocked those contacts on your contact list.

Need Help? Let's chat.