cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calls not working

Seymore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have recently switched from Bell Mobility, but haven't been able to receive incoming calls. I can make outgoing calls but am not able to receive in. What is the correction for this? My phone is unlocked. I don't know what could be the issue.

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Seymore 

It sounds like the porting process was not completed.

I bit you forgot to leave the Bell SIM in your phone and reply to the text confirming you are porting over to PM as others have pointed out.

No worries, just contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process so you can be on your way.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Seymore  if you replied to the SMS text from Bell, now insert the public mobile sim card and restart your phone.

Otherwise, you may also submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) to restart the porting process; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Your Bell account must be active and the Bell SIM card in your phone to receive the text.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Did you do porting - transfer of your Bell phone at the same time when you open an account?

Being able to call but not receiving calls is usually sign that PM has assigned temporary number to your account but OLD number is not transferred yet.

Did you follow porting instructions: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/number-transfer-port-troubleshooting

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Seymore   did you receive a text from Bell and did you reply YES within 90 minutes? 

It is a critical part in porting and I believe you missed that and the porting is now stuck

no worry, there is a number to call to talk to live support to retrigger the process.  I will message you the phone number.  Please check your Community inbox , envelope icon on top right

Need Help? Let's chat.