cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calls and data usage while phone is dead

Dalineus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, my iphone battery completely died 4 months ago. The iphone has been shut off. When i looked at my account history, there has been data usage and phone calls logged. How can this be? The phone calls are to the same number for a few seconds all hours of the day and night. 

8 REPLIES 8

@darlicious That's great info and research, thanks -- will have to make note of that! Mutual use of the Bat Signal™ today. 😁

@Nezgar 

Suspend your service via lost/stolen before midnight eastern of the day before renewal your voicemail stays active.

Suspend after midnight eastern of the day of your renewal your voicemail ceases to function.

Keep in mind if you let your service expire, your voicemail service will cease to function / take calls. (Pretty sure? @darlicious did some testing with this)

With no working phone people can still leave messages and you can dialin from another phone occasionally to check for them..

Another idea is to temporarily put your SIM into another working phone long enough to call forward your line to another number. Then the SIM can be removed again.

Dalineus

Thank you for for the suspension advise. Was going to fix / replace my phone but just didnt get around to it. Because my bill with public mobile is so reasonable i wasnt to worried. Thanks however, will keep it in mind. Now if only public mobile would offer data only plan for my ipad i would be happy. 

@Dalineus

Are you aware you can suspend your service for up to 90 days? It's best to do this by suspending via the lost/stolen feature in your self serve account. By suspending before midnight eastern on the evening before your renewal you will keep your voicemail service active. However this does cause your rewards to not apply and you will have to contact the moderators after you unsuspend, pay and reactivate to have the rewards applied manually.

It is recommended that you plan to reactivate your service around day 85 in case you encounter any issues and moderator contract is necessary to resolve them. Set up a reminder in your calendar for day 85 and a back up for day 88 to be sure you don't miss reactivating in time to avoid account cancellation.

You can still access your voicemail by calling your phone and once connected press * and enter your 4 digit voicemail pin #.

Dalineus

Yes.that is right .. and i just found my solution. It is voice mail that is doing it

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Dalineus wrote:

Hi, my iphone battery completely died 4 months ago. The iphone has been shut off. When i looked at my account history, there has been data usage and phone calls logged. How can this be? The phone calls are to the same number for a few seconds all hours of the day and night. 

@Dalineus 

Do you mean you have had no phone for 4 months, but still paying your bill to keep the account and number, is that right?

Are you seeing your voicemail number...it ends in 4001.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

What number is showing as the Destination #?  It could be calls routed to voicemail.

Need Help? Let's chat.