cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Question

99entry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a Samsung A54 5G Unlocked International version phone purchased in the US. Will this work?

8 REPLIES 8

@kcorscadden wrote:

@Dunkman Ok that makes sense as I was going to say that I am pretty sure that the A54 is the newer model

Yes, the Galaxy A54 is a newer model than the A53 and both do have VoLTE capabilities, but it's matter of whether or not Pubilc Mobile will allow the VoLTE to be used.  Even if Public Mobile does allow Canadian variant of the device to use VoLTE, there's no guarantee that Public Mobile will allow all variants of the A54 to use VoLTE.

99entry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks, but I purchased it "new in box" from Amazon US.

kcorscadden
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Dunkman Ok that makes sense as I was going to say that I am pretty sure that the A54 is the newer model

@kcorscadden 

@kcorscadden wrote:

@Dunkman The A53 is newer than the A54?  I thought the A54 was the latest model?

Sorry, my wording was not clear.   A54 is newer model and A53 is on the PM list of VoLTE phones.  A54 (the newer model) is not on PM list right now. 

kcorscadden
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Dunkman The A53 is newer than the A54?  I thought the A54 was the latest model?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Ideally if you could find somebody with PM service and physical SIM and try on the spot that will answer your question right away. And that test will confirm your phone is not blacklisted, too.
Your phone does support PM's frequencies so it should work.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@99entry 

additionally, make sure that phone is unlocked. Also make sure it hasn't been blacklisted or reported stolen somewhere.      https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@99entry 

It does have the necessary specs for Public mobile. 

However, it is not on the whitelist for VoLTE compatible phones. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/volte

It is the newer version of A53 which is on the VoLTE list, so hopefully, it should have VoLTE

Need Help? Let's chat.