cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number Porting

willmother
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm trying to get Public Mobile to port my phone number to Virgin Mobile, without success.

17 REPLIES 17

@hTideGnow   The customer is porting out, not in.  I'm not sure why the Public Mobile app transfer number facility somehow got involved as per an earlier post by the OP.

willmother

PM won't communicate with Virgin Mobile. This has been going on since last night.

willmother

I don't see the number.

@willmother 

Did you get a text from the old carrier, did you reply YES?

and can you receive inbound phone calls, especially from Non-Telus/Koodo/PM phone?  If you cannot the port was not done

It could be an incomplete port.  PM porting support team can help.  I have sent you the porting support team number.  Please check your Community inbox (envelope on top right), check for the number and call

willmother

Both Virgin and I have been trying to get this done, but PM won't respond.

@willmother   In the App there's an option to transfer your number, but I get a message saying: "Phone number not eligible for port". 

Do you mean the Public Mobile app?  If so and you are porting out, that's not how you do it, in the PM app the transfer is for porting into Public Mobile.  You need keep your PM sim in your phone and get Virgin to initiate the port, then reply to the Public Mobile permission text with YES within 90 mins.

willmother

I ported it from Virgin Mobile.

@willmother 

was it originally a PM / Telus number or did you port in to PM from somewhere else when you activated your PM account ?

willmother

In the App there's an option to transfer your number, but I get a message saying: "Phone number not eligible for port". 

@willmother 

watch the little envelop icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they do respond. If it's been awhile, try this link to message Customer Support..

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

willmother

I've done that, submitted the ticket and am still waiting for a reply.

@willmother 

ok..use this link to start process of Customer Support. Give them as much account info as you can ie: ph #, acct #, name on acct, PM pin #...etc..

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=2OhrPakuMpNZt4irir5...

willmother

I've done that. They won't respond to me or the new provider.

@willmother 

they should send you a sms to confirm you want to port out, to which you must reply YES within 90 mins. Have you rec'd that sms ?

willmother

PM won't respond to Virgin Mobile's request. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@willmother 

you start that process with new provider. Make sure your old PM account is still Active. Make sure to leave PM sim in phone until port to new provider is successful.

Need Help? Let's chat.