Angad0028
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I need assistance to Port in a TELUS Number to Public Mobile

and

Port Out my Public Mobile # to TELUS,

so basically swapping a number.

How can I do that ?

I do not want to loose any of the 2 numbers as well as I don't want to loose my Public Mobile Plan either.

I talked to Telus already , they said they can't help.  

Please assist.

13 REPLIES 13

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Angad0028 

Officially no....unofficially? Firstly, I am surprised telus wasn"t a little more helpful especially if you have a postpaid account with them which has more flexibility than a prepaid account. I would imagine that being such a loyal customer to the "telus" brand both phone numbers are originally "telus" phone numbers?

In theory this can be done but you would have to get telus on board as well as convince a CSA to help you accomplish this task. A post paid account with telus makes this easier to accomplish and perhaps telling telus that if they cant work with you this....that another provider with e-sim service would be happy to oblige. That being said.....with a post paid account telus should be able to either hold the account open after you port out the phone number to pm and assign a new number or add a second number on an e-sim to the account thus keeping account open to port the pm number into or onto the e-sim.

If you are able to convince a CSA to help you then you must purchase a new pm sim card (currently $4.99 at CCS but sometimes as low as $2.99 unless you already have a spare pm sim card.) Then activate the new pm sim card with a temporary phone number on the $15 plan. Contact the accommodating CSA to transfer the pm number to the new account and assign a new number to your pm account.

Now thru your self serve account port in your telus phone number to your pm account and reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text). Contact telus to request the porting in of your pm number that is now on the newly activated account. Again reply YES to the PAT for the pm number to be ported to your telus account and/or e-sim (not exactly sure how number assignment works with e-sims.)

If your telus account is prepaid then you would have to do there what was done here in order to port so you would be looking at a minimum outlay of 2×$15=$30+1 pm sim card ($4.99)+a telus sim card or e-sim ($10?)=$45. In theory of course.....!!😉

@Angad0028 wrote:

yes, more than 10 years with Telus Koodo PM 🙂
PM doesn't offer e-sim so have to switch things around 😞

HI @Angad0028   I think eSim will be here soon, 

Angad0028

Yes, I thought of it, but I want to keep my PM Plan, depends on what CS Answers, I'll do it.
and I donot want to loose any of the 2 numbers

Angad0028

yes, more than 10 years with Telus Koodo PM 🙂
PM doesn't offer e-sim so have to switch things around 😞

Angad0028

Thanks, I have submitted a ticket with them, hope they can help.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Angad0028 Yes but the problem is once you take the number out that your looking to save your account will close so I don’t believe it can be done

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You cannot swap number the way you want.

You can keep your number porting from Telus but you will lose your current PM number.

Porting out your PM number your PM account will be immediately closed.

If you want to keep both of your numbers you could port your PM number to Fongo or similar voip provider. Then open new PM account and port your Telus number. And then open another Telus (as it will be closed after porting) and port from Fongo. It will cost you time and money and you might lose all rewards (if any) at PM if you port number out.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It being all in the family, I really wonder if this would be able to be done. Some remarkable unofficial things have been done around here. If you can be really nice and respectful and patient then maybe just maybe a support person would be able to pull this off. It would be more about loyalty. If you've been with both services for a while then maybe some loyalty gestures can be done. YMMV. No guarantees.

Angad0028

there must be something since I own both the accounts, even if it involves getting a new line temporarily, I am ok to do it.

Angad0028

ya, I read that. I have ported in number previously, but this time it is more of swap thing, and plus want to keep my plan too, so that is little confusing, how to pull it right, as I cannot afford to shut down my current PM phone number for too long period. Thanks for your help.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Angad0028   You cannot swap numbers like this because once the number got port into the other provider, account on the old provider will be closed.  Also, once the number ported into the provider, the existing number will be "gone"

However, since you are swapping between PM and Telus, there is a slight chance CS Agent can do it manually

Please open a ticket with them and discuss with them:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by typing : Contact CS Agent
then Click "Contact Us"
then Click "Other"
finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Angad0028 Hi you can’t , once you port out a number your account is closed permanently that is a rule with all service providers if you port a number in from telus first then the number you have with public now will be lost

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Angad0028 , this help article covers how to transfer a phone number.  Make sure you old plan is active and acknowledge the transfer.  Number swapping is not possible because accounts close when a number is ported out.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.