cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Compatibilty

Canlab
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been talking to an agent to determine if a Huawei Honor 8X Model JSN-L23 is compatible with PM. The information I have received has not been helpful. Can anyone advise if this phone is compatible with PM?

8 REPLIES 8

@Rastin wrote:

Is It a Chinese market phone? Is so does it run harmony os. If it does you are probably better off getting a new phone. As you won't be able to download the app to activate the sim.

JSN-L23 was intended for sale in the US.

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is It a Chinese market phone? Is so does it run harmony os. If it does you are probably better off getting a new phone. As you won't be able to download the app to activate the sim.

Will the phone work for text, phone calls, email and data?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I would never use anything from Huawei in Canada. More and more electronics from them are being banned from Canada for spying on people. They've been caught adding spyware to their phone that can be accessed from China. I'd try a different phone.

The response from 4 years ago hasn't aged well.  These days compatibility is measured against 4G bands and to some extent 5G bands.  3G barely works for data and calls.

@Canlab wrote:

I have been talking to an agent to determine if a Huawei Honor 8X Model JSN-L23 is compatible with PM. The information I have received has not been helpful. Can anyone advise if this phone is compatible with PM?

The phone will work, but it is an older model.  If you don't already have it and are thinking about purchasing it, I highly recommend not buying it.  This phone will most likely not be able to use VoLTE at Public Mobile.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Canlab , this phone has very limited compatibility.  I would suggest that the user experience will be bad.

Need Help? Let's chat.