cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

ColmDillon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there any way to pay with a UK debit card for my first month? Just moved to Canada and by the time my new Canadian bank card arrives, Public Mobiles black friday deals will be over. Seems literally impossible to contact Public Mobile's customer support (the ticket submission window doesnt accept my community login details, and it seems to be impossible to find something as simple as a customer support phone number), hence I'm asking here. Thanks for any response!

6 REPLIES 6

Tori_a23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a voucher and want to activate using it, how can I do that?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@ColmDillon  The following is a workaround if you really want to bother. Or consider Homepage | No credit check. No long-term commitment | Lucky Mobile  that has retail stores where you can use cash, and MAYBE your current credit card.

Anyway the workaround:

1. buy a voucher: 

Voucher locations: www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

Vouchers on-line: recharge.com , https://www.ding.com ; muskbird.com (seems lowest service charge)

2. buy a SIM: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator
  3. open a ticket by private messaging the CSAs: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

4. tell the CSAs that you only have a voucher available to open an account and that the Community advised they could help
  5. they should open a new Suspended account for you and provide login details for your My Account
  6. login to your My Account, deposit the voucher and click Reactivate
  7. reboot your phone and all should be good.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ColmDillon 

PM only accepted Canadian/US Visa or Mastercard or Visa Debit

You can try to buy a prepaid Visa card

Or you can also buy a voucher from store and activate using voucher, except a bit more work.  If you are going with voucher, let us know and we can tell you the exact steps required

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ColmDillon 

Before you even start a PM account...make sure you understand that PM is a DIY type of cell provider. There are no customer support phone numbers. Customer support is provided here in the Community Forum made up with regular users like you and me. We're the first line of customer support..we can help you with most of your issues. If you have an account related problem, someone can guide you to a CSA for their help...but it's all done on-line...no phone support.

Follow previous suggestion and get you a pre-paid Visa card...check at Walmart, 7/11 or even Canada Post.

Welcome to PM.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ColmDillon You can also sign up for a prepaid KOHO Mastercard, it comes with 1% in cashback in groceries, bills and services. It's totally free. I believe it comes with a virtual Mastercard so you can use it immediately after signing up while waiting for the card to come in the mail.

ThatPug
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can use a prepaid visa card as payment, they do have a 5$ activation charge generally but they're widely available at pharmacies and grocery stores etc.

Need Help? Let's chat.