cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

Solo101
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I make sure my paument activated my plan properly I put my 40 dollars voucher on my account and it still says my plan expires may 30 2018 that doesn't make sense??? 

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks will13am. (I should've thanked you for your prior answer as well)

I'll live on the edge and see what happens when I apply a voucher of sufficient value to my account the evening before the due date.

Edit: Does one have to worry about weekends for payments or is the whole system 24/7? If my due date is on a Saturday will the system still take the payment overnight after?

With banking online I seem to think it only applies on a week day thereby causing me to pay a bill on the Thursday evening so that the Friday can handle the payment so that the payment is made for the due date. 

I'm assuming PM is 24/7 but hey I'm new and asking trying to nail down the different ways of doing business here.

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks NDesai.

I signed up with a credit card and it automatically got me into AutoPay. I don't like anything taking money from me automatically so I turned it off. I manually pay bills monthly so it won't be any different to manually pay for this. I pay those bills the business-day night before they're due. Never had a problem. In my example, I would top-up the evening of the 30th and I gather the voucher and credit card would immediately add a balance and then I gather that in the wee hours after the due date the payment will be taken. I can live with that. I have found vouchers here and there and will use them instead of a credit card though.

Thanks for the welcome. I've been with Telus forever and now still am. 🙂

Voucher and manual top up with credit card are both instantaneous.  If successful, either will result in funds showing in the account right away.  You will be able to see that at the top of the overview page. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks NDesai.

I signed up with a credit card and it automatically got me into AutoPay. I don't like anything taking money from me automatically so I turned it off. I manually pay bills monthly so it won't be any different to manually pay for this. I pay those bills the business-day night before they're due. Never had a problem. In my example, I would top-up the evening of the 30th and I gather the voucher and credit card would immediately add a balance and then I gather that in the wee hours after the due date the payment will be taken. I can live with that. I have found vouchers here and there and will use them instead of a credit card though.

Thanks for the welcome. I've been with Telus forever and now still am. 🙂

Korade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Since PM is a prepaid service, your "expiry" or renewal date will be the date that your service restarts, or in other words, what you paid for on your previous renewal/activation day will expire and you will move onto your new billing cycle.

Korade

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi:

New here. Lovin' the value of this PM.

I see the payment due date in My Account. I now gather the amount would be taken overnight "after" that date. My question is that upon adding an amount into the account via voucher or credit card...how long will it take for the account to recognize the new amount is in there? Is credit card different than voucher in this case?

So say the due date is May 31st. Should one put money in that day? The day before? Even further back?

I just wouldn't want to have a downtime...but nor do I want to leave money sitting there for long.

Thanks

Technically speaking, the payment due date is exactly that.  It is the final date in which payment should be made to the account to faciliate account renewal the following day.  With respect to how close one wants to be on the edge, it is up to the individual.  Some may want to top up at the most convenient day and not the last day.  If something comes up and you get side tracked, the account won't renew.  I understand that not everyone has or wants to use credit card payment.  This is the best way to ensure a successful renewal.  The funds are taken at the last possible moment from the credit card.  Best of all, there is a reward associated with using auto payment. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi:

I see the payment due date in My Account. I now gather the amount would be taken overnight "after" that date. My question is that upon adding an amount into the account via voucher or credit card...how long will it take for the account to recognize the new amount is in there? Is credit card different than voucher in this case?

So say the due date is May 31st. Should one put money in that day? The day before? Even further back?

I just wouldn't want to have a downtime...but nor do I want to leave money sitting there for long.

Thanks

Welcome to Public Mobile!

If you are on AutoPay, the payment will go through sometimes around midnight. But if you are not on AutoPay, you can pay anytime before your payment due date. When you make a manual payment via vouchers or credit card, it should instantly show up in your account as Available Balance. The renewal process takes place somewhere between midnight and early morning. Payment (plan price-rewards) is the first thing the system checks before renewing. So as long as you are on AutoPay or have sufficient balance in your account before the payment due date, your account renewal should go through.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi:

Thanks

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Solo101, are you referring to the so called payment due date showing on the overview page?  The renewal day is the following day (early in the morning).  If you go to the rewards page, you will see the so called due date there.  If service is still working, and funds are in the account, just let the system do its thing and renew the following day. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

What does your payment history say? 

Do you have an available balance?  You should as your renewal in not due yet

Need Help? Let's chat.