cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment didn't auto-renew, can't login, 2 days no response from tickets

neopol
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all, I'm at my wit's end. 

I got a text from Public saying they didn't get a payment so my service wasn't renewed. But I swear I set up auto-renew.

The really awful thing is that there was no warning or anything, they just cut off my service! Then I couldn't login because it said my password was incorrect, then when I tried to reset it via text, it kept saying there was an error verifying the account and to try later. Then it just stopped sending verification codes. 

I submitted two tickets and it's been TWO DAYS without phone service. Now because my service isn't act apparently it's not possible to port my number to a new carrier?? So now I'm stuck. 

I'm currently setting up a new plan at a different carrier with a new number then hope that after Public finally fixes things, I can get them to port over my old number which I've had for ten years. 

I'm over this company. I'm never going for a company without on demand support by phone or in person.

Has this happened to anyone else?

4 REPLIES 4

neopol

Thank you. I've tried a variety of browsers, clearing caches, and Incognito mode and logging in still doesn't work, resetting my password doesn't work because I never receive the certification code via email even checking my spam folder. 

A Public person did respond to my private message, thank god. Hopefully it'll work out. I don't want to pay via 611 because I can't access my account at all and I'm not sure it would actually do anything. 

@neopol 

Unfortunately, there was a payment renewal system issue yesterday morning affecting several customers.  Supposedly, it has been resolved.

To access your self service account, try to login or reset your password with a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode. Or try a different device (preferably a PC or lab top).

Once you are login, you can then loads up funds to activate your account.

You can also try dealing 611 on your phone. If you know your PIN and have a credit card register, you can also load up funds that should restart your plan.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/pay-for-your-services-through-611

neopol

Nope no messages or support at all from Public. This is crazy bad. I know they're cheaper than other carriers for a reason, but **bleep**...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@neopol yes there was issue with some renewals earlier.  Please check your Community inbox to see if support replied.  If not, please message them again for update 

Need Help? Let's chat.