cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment complete

tprystan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Due to my credit card being compromised my service was disconnected. With the advice to from this group i did a payment voucher from 7/11, till i can update credit card information. My voucher was applied to my phone account but my service has not been restored. How long does this process usually take? It's been over 3 hours and is there some other part of this process I should do?

6 REPLIES 6

"Available Funds" needs to fully cover the cost of the prepaid plan. If it's not enough then it won't renew.

Payment vouchers sometimes take a few minutes to process. "Available Funds" can report the wrong balance (with or without the payment voucher included in the total) for a few minutes.

The plan should automatically reactivate within minutes after payment is accepted. There should also be a "Reactivate Plan" button somewhere near the expired plan status that you can click on, if needed.

You'll also receive a "Public Mobile here..." text notification thanking your for renewing your plan.

Be patient and let the Telus servers do their things. It's one of those problems which usually sorts itself out after a short while. If you keep banging on Self-Serve before it's finished then it's more likely to take longer or break something.

Public Mobile applies no penalties or fees when you miss payments, your plan is deactivated/suspended/expired, or your plan is reactivated afterwards. It's strictly prepaid with no contractual obligation to renew. Many of us have intentionally allowed our plans to lapse while not using them during vacations/etc.

Although you may miss any Rewards/Points issued when your plan wasn't active.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tprystan wrote:

Due to my credit card being compromised my service was disconnected. With the advice to from this group i did a payment voucher from 7/11, till i can update credit card information. My voucher was applied to my phone account but my service has not been restored. How long does this process usually take? It's been over 3 hours and is there some other part of this process I should do?

@tprystan  - are you able to log into self serve, or call 611 to confirm your account status says ACTIVE?

If you have no access to self serve and you cannot confirm if your voucher was loaded correctly, ask CSA to ensure your account is not locked or still accessible.

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@tprystan 

tried turn off device take out SIM card and put it back,

call *611 to see your balance 0 ,

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you are 100% sure voucher has been accepted and applied to your account, try to reboot your phone.

Confirm applied voucher logging to your PM account.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did the voucher cover the whole plan cost? If the credit card issuer did a chargeback then you're in for a bit of inconvenience for a while. You might even need to get another voucher to in a way for "arrears". Or that the first one did and now you need another one to prepay for a new term.

You'll need to contact the support people to get it all straightened out.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tprystan  usually within  15 mins., you try to reboot your phone?  Try once

Also , try accrss My Account and check the status 

Need Help? Let's chat.