cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Challenges

Clark38
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tow months ago I registered a new credit card to my account and set up for auto pay.  I have been using auto pay for a number of years now and have not had an issue until now. 

For the last two months I am being notified that my account is suspended for non-payment despite selecting auto pay.  Last month I simply made a monthly payment to reactivate the account and service resumed. 

This month, as of yesterday, I attempted to make a payment and was notified by text that the manual payment was received; however, my service has not resumed.  When I log onto the portal it says the account is still suspended and I am not able to make a payment.  

Please advise what is going on.  I am not happy that my service has been disrupted two months in a row.  If this continues I will switch to another mobile provider, after being a customer here for five years, as it is extremely disruptive to lose service.  

11 REPLIES 11

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Clark38 wrote:

Tow months ago I registered a new credit card to my account and set up for auto pay.  I have been using auto pay for a number of years now and have not had an issue until now. 

For the last two months I am being notified that my account is suspended for non-payment despite selecting auto pay.  Last month I simply made a monthly payment to reactivate the account and service resumed. 

This month, as of yesterday, I attempted to make a payment and was notified by text that the manual payment was received; however, my service has not resumed.  When I log onto the portal it says the account is still suspended and I am not able to make a payment.  

Please advise what is going on.  I am not happy that my service has been disrupted two months in a row.  If this continues I will switch to another mobile provider, after being a customer here for five years, as it is extremely disruptive to lose service.  

Have you received a new credit card with a new expiry date and neglected to update it on PM?

@Anonymous wrote:

@esjliv : Ok. Challenged by a regular makes me pause. So I'm 90% sure. The rewards are the first thing that pays in overnight. Then the autopay needs the difference. The 10% uncertainty would be - do the rewards retract back out of the account on an autopay failure. I don't think so.

@Anonymous ,

LOL - well, it has not happened to me personally...yet *fingers crossed*.

I tried to find the thread(s) (within the last month or so) that I recall someone mentioned losing rewards after an Autopay; and I thought they verified no lost/stolen was selected. But I can't remember where that all is.

That is when I added my responses "...when Autopay fails...let CSA know...ensure all rewards are entitled to your account..."

So, did I fake remember it, maybe - but don't think so.  But you could be correct too!

Memory is a selective thing.

@Clark38 wrote:

It is the same credit card provider (CIBC), just a higher "tier" credit card.  The fix worked last time, but I'm still getting a notification on the account that it is suspended, even though I selected manual payment and received a text that benefits were applied and a manual payment was made. Thank you for the response. 

Hello @Clark38 ,

The 'Suspended' message on Self Serve is normal for all renewals. As this goes away once the renewal completes.

The main thing is, are you losing services at all. IF not, than ignore the messages on your Self Serve.

If you ARE losing services, than you will need to top up manually to get your account active again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv : Ok. Challenged by a regular makes me pause. So I'm 90% sure. The rewards are the first thing that pays in overnight. Then the autopay needs the difference. The 10% uncertainty would be - do the rewards retract back out of the account on an autopay failure. I don't think so.

Clark38
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is the same credit card provider (CIBC), just a higher "tier" credit card.  The fix worked last time, but I'm still getting a notification on the account that it is suspended, even though I selected manual payment and received a text that benefits were applied and a manual payment was made. Thank you for the response. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

Also, make sure your rewards are being applied to your account when this failure occurs; if not get CSA to credit them to your account.

@esjliv : That problem occurs when Suspend/Resume is used. Otherwise, the rewards pay in to the account overnight anyway. If there's an autopay failure, the rewards are there anyway.

@Anonymous  are you sure about that?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv wrote:

Also, make sure your rewards are being applied to your account when this failure occurs; if not get CSA to credit them to your account.

@esjliv : That problem occurs when Suspend/Resume is used. Otherwise, the rewards pay in to the account overnight anyway. If there's an autopay failure, the rewards are there anyway.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Clark38 wrote:

@Clark38  You are absolutely correct, this should not happen.

Curious, is the credit card the same type of credit card you had previously. I sometimes wonder if certain types are more susceptible to Autopay failure or not.

I am glad you knew how to get your services up and running again.

Each time an Autopay failure happens I would recommend contact Customer Support (CSA) and telling them this. Also, make sure your rewards are being applied to your account when this failure occurs; if not get CSA to credit them to your account.

@Clark38 

Frustrating for sure.  Autopay works well for the majority of customers, but there are always a few cases of autopay failure every few days. 

If manually loading up $1 does not restart your plan, you could also try the lost stolen phone trick.  

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

Otherwise, contacting CSA agent is next step.  

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Clark38 

Just to rule out the odd chance the webpage has some issue like it happens often these days, log in to your account again using Incognito mode. See if the suspende message is still there.

Also, when you call 611, what message do you get?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Clark38   To bring your service back up , login to My Account.  Do you see "Reactivate current plan" button?  If so, click it and logoff and reboot the phone.

If not,  confirm if you see any fund in Available Fund on My Account.  If the fund amount is the same as your plan amount, you have the fund there and has not been applied onto the plan yet.   Go to Payment and choose Other and add $1 more and see if it will trigger.  Then check if "Reactivate" button there.

If Available Fund = $0, you might want to follow the above step to manually pay but pay $Plan amount +$1  instead

For your issue failing 2 months in a row.  Open a ticket with PM and let them know and investigate.  It could be an issue with PM but it could also be an issue with your credit card.

Need Help? Let's chat.