cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying on line

Putteyhead
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anyone else having problem paying online?

12 REPLIES 12

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Ok .. Thanks .  I didn't try anything when it said the account was expired ... If every thing works even though it says expired I guess its all just cosmetic  .  It was a little off putting  to see  an expiry notice part way through the 30th day  and it seems like a few others were having difficulty doing addons and adding vouchers when their accounts were expired . 

I thought it would have been a nice touch if they had actually included in one of the texts that they sent me how much money they actually took from my card . 

I will try and avoid doing any account adjustments during that time  just for safety sake. 

@barndoor 

Funny you should ask that....because the night of your renewal I was doing some testing on my account that was renewing and  both reactivating and suspending a couple of accounts I manage that are my referrals.

But to answer your question....normally you account will show expired at 9pm eastern. At midnight it will switch to suspended but will actually renew your plan and reset any counters you may have on your account. It will then apply your rewards sometime before 2 am. Mine were applied around 2:10am. After 2 am the system will apply any balance you may have towards your plan amount and/or charge your autopay card.

You can top up anytime before 2 am with no consequences....after 2 am your account gets "scheduled" for a service interruption (or deactivation if its your 90th day)if you still owe funds and your autopay card can't be charged. However I have been told you still have a reprieve because the cut off time is 6am eastern. So you do have about a 4 hour window to top up the account and avoid an autopay failure's loss of service.

The times are approximate as you can see how both of our renewals were a little wonky and delayed by about 3 hours as I imagine many others were affected as well. Interestingly I did not see "suspended" except on the account I suspended via lost/stolen so that messaging may have been sidelined until your account actually suspends.

If you are paying with a voucher at anytime during this process it is infinitely easier and less fraught with possible errors if you just add it thru 611 rather than mess around in your account during your renewal.

BTW...my second account renewed the following day like clockwork with the correct accounting in the payment history and both noon eastern rewards and renewal texts came from 611 in the correct order.

barndoor

Another voucher question  ... I'm assuming every ones  account  expires  for a period of time and then goes into suspension until   payment is taken  ...what ever the source .  Can a voucher be added during this period or is that something you should take care to avoid ? Just asking to clarify .  

@Jasonrodey1 

Try this...

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot

@Jasonrodey1  did you try what suggested  ?  did it work for you?

Jasonrodey1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same issue won't let me register my card. It's making me mad 

barndoor

OK .. thanks  ..iirc I can  get accelerated cash back if I buy at shell   ...I 'll check out the options because this autopay is sounding kind of glitchy .🤔

@barndoor 

Vouchers can be bought in denominations of $5, $10, $20, $25, $40, $50, $60 and $100 as far as I know but not all retailers offer all of the amounts. My local SDM only has $20 and $40. But my local Shell has all but maybe the $5 voucher. But you do earn air miles on them. At london drugs you earn LD extras "visits".

barndoor

What size are vouchers available in ? 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Putteyhead 

Try using a completely different browser from a completely different device to log onto self-serve.

If for some reason you cannot access self-serve, you can acquire Public Mobile payment vouchers with a fee through recharge.com, or at face value at the following retail locations. 

These can be added by dialing *611 from the Public Mobile device/service you want to add the voucher to.

HALIMACS_0-1622151665018.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Putteyhead wrote:

@Putteyhead What problems are you having?

• Log out of Self Serve.
  • Clear browser's cache cookies and try a tab in incognito mode.
  • Then log back in.

Payment options:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/voucher-payment-options

@Putteyhead wrote:

I haven't heard of any current issues. Is there any error message?  If you need to make a payment immediately vouchers can be purchased from websites thar sel vouchers or some retail stores sell them. The voucher can then be applied by dialing *611.

Need Help? Let's chat.