cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for 4G BUT not getting it!

JJWilson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched from a 3G plan to a 4G plan some 3 weeks ago, however I’m still on 3G network. Why is that? I can’t get a customer service rep to talk to about this. I’ve been trying for days ….. 

12 REPLIES 12

@JJWilson wrote:

So throttled back or not, it should appear as 4G but is reads as LTE …… not what I’m paying for!!!

@JJWilson   4G is LTE and LTE is 4G 🙂

JJWilson

So throttled back or not, it should appear as 4G but is reads as LTE …… not what I’m paying for!!!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you're seeing LTE then you're there.

@JJWilson 

On your phone settings, select  Cellular. then Cellular Data Options. then Cellular Data Options. There you can Enable 4G to use the 4G network.

JJWilson

I’ve tried to force an update but nothing changes.

I know it’s still 3G LTE by turning off wifi and LTE appears in the top right corner

JJWilson

How do you find & select 4G in settings? I searched in settings on my Iphone but ?…

JL9
Mayor / Maire

ughhhh say it isn' so, hopefully this can be improved upon as more PM customers are jumping on the 4G plans.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@JJWilson 

the 4g speed will be anywhere from 7mb-90mb. from doing speed tests I've noticed if the device is using LTE the speed is around 7mb down 1mb upload(?) for LTE+(advanced) 50mb-90mb down 1.8mb upload(?) I think there are a few corners being cut that PM hasn't mentioned... the upload speed should be higher than what I'm seeing. I have a feeling they've throttled the upload speed on these 4g plans

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@JJWilson 

Unless you have 3G only selected in your settings you will be automatically on the 4G LTE network. Have you tested your data speed and you're only getting 3mbps?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@JJWilson 

If you have not heard there is a great deal right now for a limited time if interested for existing customers:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/New-40-15gb-quot-4G-quot-Plan-showing-in-...

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Click the little spinner refresh icons lower down or use private mode to make sure you're seeing updated information.

How do you know you're "still on 3G network"?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@JJWilson 

Log into your account and confirm your plan. Clear your browser cache and then open a new browser in incognito. Update the spinning icon. You might be seeing a cached version of your old plan right now.

Need Help? Let's chat.