cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Past 5 hours still SOS signal

Carena
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Im a new subscriber and did the number transfer. Im using sim on my old provider and esim for PM. I reboot my phone yet it still says sos. @CS_Agent 

13 REPLIES 13

@Carena no need to rescan qr code, and don't delete the PM eSIM either

next, you need to contact PM support as said above

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Carena

Yes. i restarted several times. I only have esim now, i removed the physical sim. 

Carena

Yes, I did all of those steps. 

right now my phone has the esim only, and is the primary. No other sim is registered. 

I have not tried the qrcode as it looks like the code is no longer valid last time I did it. 

i rebooted, reset the network setting, rebooted again, reset the network setting. I did it twice to be sure. 

I have no service since yesterday and no response from any cs agent. 

Not sure what to do here next. 😔 

keegygti

Did you try to restart your phone? You can also go to phone settings, cellular, and make sure you check to see which sims also being used. Can turn on/off too. 

@Carena 

your esim might already been installed and just not setup on the device properly

First,  if you have another active sim on the phone, disable those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or simply remove the physical sim.  

Then reboot your phone

Check Settings->Cellular  and see if  the Public Mobile esim is already there. (If not, check if you have an Welcome email from PM and scan the QR code to try install again).  Once you see the PM sim there, Make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on)

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Carena

From “unable to activate esim” to “esim cannot be added” after several times of trying to get the PM service.

• IMG_0293.png
  • IMG_0294.png

Now Im thinking about buying physical sim to set it up again, or just buy another esim and do it again. What are the pros and cons between the two? I have sent 2 private message but had not received any response 😭

Carena

I did this multiple times, qrcode says unable to activate the esim. Ive sent a private message to cs agent. 

Carena

I have 11promax

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Carena 

since it is eSIM, maybe a bit of work to get it working

Did you get to the eSIM installation step?   Either the app will ask for your permission to do it for you, or you can get the QR code to install yourself. 

If you missed the step to install by the app, there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone.

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step eSIM installation step), try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have another active sim on the phone, disable those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or simply remove the physical sim.  

And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled.
(On iPhone: Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on)

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

Good question. OH CRAP. Sorry. I just thought of something else. I thought they were just using PM. But if they are using their OLD provider SIM AND an eSIM from PM, then they need to go into their network settings and choose the eSIM as their primary. 

Hey @Carena , what phone do you have??  Don't reset the network just yet.

@Chalupa_Batman   The PM sim is esim, would it be better to take out the old provider's physical sim before resetting or rebooting?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Carena 

If you had a different service provider before, you may need to reset your network settings. Go into your phone settings, find Network Settings, and reset them. Then restart your phone. Make sure you also have the SIM card in correctly. Just know that by doing this, you will erase any saved Wifi logins and passwords. Also bluetooth connections. Let us know if this worked.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Carena  Use this direct link to support 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.