cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid but no service

mikadabi0011
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi 

I paid for my new pm account yesterday for $25 basic plus $15 300min international

I still have 0$ balance , no service - , cannot use the Phone

Did I fail t to activate somewhere?

this is the payment history

Dec 9, 2020300 International Long Distance Minutes/300 minutes d’interurbain outre-mer $15.00$0.00
Dec 9, 20201GB at 3G Speed/ 1Go à la vitesse 3G $15.00$15.00
Dec 9, 202030-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$30.00
Dec 9, 2020Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$40.00 $40.00
57 REPLIES 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 wrote:

@mikadabi0011 wrote:

I am trying wit MOD now, thanks to your link, still waiting, i really do appreciate 

your help, and i am to disenchanted with new tech to try the sim thing in case her phone stops working ( it is working now).

Anywho i will wait for the MOD and see what happens 

Thank you again

Fear not. If the sim doesn't work in her phone...it won't affect her sim. I would try it to see if your sim works in her phone because it really sounds like your phone is locked to a previous network for some strange reason.

I agree. But there's no message apparently. We also know that some Samsungs can lock itself when a new SIM is inserted. But it was previously with Public Mobile!

I'd still like some answers from the OP but they're with the mods now so that's that.

@mikadabi0011 wrote:

I am trying wit MOD now, thanks to your link, still waiting, i really do appreciate 

your help, and i am to disenchanted with new tech to try the sim thing in case her phone stops working ( it is working now).

Thank you again

Fear not. If the sim doesn't work in her phone...it won't affect her sim. I would try it to see if your sim works in her phone because it really sounds like your phone is locked to a previous network for some strange reason.

@mikadabi0011  good that reached out to moderator's incase your sim is not provisioned correctly. Just note trying your wife's sim in the phone or trying your sim in her new phone will not affect anything on your wife's account.

We always ask these questions and to do these things to determine if it's a phone issue or an issue with public mobile. If you still want to try switching sims it would be helpful but if you don't that is ok to. Just wait for the moderators to get back to you. I'm thinking it's a sim provision issue. 

Please keep us posted when mods get back to you!

mikadabi0011

Thank you again

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikadabi0011 : Did you activate the SIM and account in a store? Or did you do it yourself online?

Does your lady's new phone and moved SIM all work properly there with her previous number all working for calls and texts and data?

mikadabi0011

when you went through the registration process...did you pick a new phone number or trying to port your number from somewhere.  NEW #

@mikadabi0011...

when you went through the registration process...did you pick a new phone number or trying to port your number from somewhere.

EDIT, try your new PM sim in her phone to see what happens and let us know.

mikadabi0011

Your lady was with Public Mobile on this Note 5?  YES

You went through the activation process with your new SIM?   YES

Or were those transactions on her account? NO  she went back to her old sim

@mikadabi0011  so your better half was with Public Mobile and used the note 5?.

If she's also with public mobile put her sim card back in the phone? Does everything work?

If it does work then maybe your sim card did not provision correctly when you activated. If that's the case you have to contact moderators to fix it. Two ways to reach them.

Simon.JPG

Or private message them at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikadabi0011 wrote:

Long story

My lady got a new phone , I inherited the note 5 

She took the old simm card to keep the public mobile Phone #

i got the new simm with the old phone, installed the simm,

registered with pm , paid $40 yesterday and ended up

with 0$ balance (impossible) and a message:

Not registered on network

How do i register?

We're all up for long stories. It provides the facts and thought processes. I've explained your balance.

Your lady was with Public Mobile on this Note 5?

You went through the activation process with your new SIM? Or were those transactions on her account?

@mikadabi0011 wrote:

Long story

How do i register?

@mikadabi0011 

Usually, you register when you activate your new plan/SIM card.  Maybe try a network reset on your phone.  

You could also try your SIM card in another working phone.  To help determine whether hardware set up issue versus PM service problem.  

mikadabi0011

It is unlocked

mikadabi0011

It is unlocked for sure

mikadabi0011

Long story

How do i register?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikadabi0011 wrote:

I could not spend it b/c i paid yesterday an made two failed calls

You deposited $40 and paid for the $25 plan and bought the $15 add-on. Spent. Unless maybe you're thinking this is a pay as you go service. It's not. It's pre-paid.

Edit: we can tell 🙂 We'll help get you through this. You're present and engaged. All good. Just need to conclude the locked or not. What was the last provider the phone was on or where did it come from?

mikadabi0011

I tied to make a call and got a message:

not registred on network

YOU CAN TELL I AM NEW TO THIS 🙂

@mikadabi0011 wrote:

i think it is unlocked

@mikadabi0011 hello from what I have read so far I don't believe it is unlocked,call your previous provider  to ask for unlock code

mikadabi0011

i think it is unlocked

mikadabi0011

I could not spend it b/c i paid yesterday an made two failed calls

@mikadabi0011  You wrote no for phone unlocked?

Is this correct? If the phone is not unlocked then that means it is locked to the old provider and you need to get the unlock code. However when you put the sim card in the phone a popup message should have displayed. Something like "enter sim network unlock code".. Did you get anything like that?

Also. You didn't respond if you're connected to the network or not. Does it show Public Mobile on the phone?.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikadabi0011 : I would be looking at the locked status. So when you inserted the SIM and restarted did you get any message? Does the phone work on another provider?

Your balance is zero because you've spent your balance.

mikadabi0011

I will try to reboot

but why my main page balance is 0$ ?

mikadabi0011

Re: Paid but no service

@mikadabi0011  has it at all worked since you joined?  no

Are you transferring a number from another provider?  no

What is the make and model of your phone? note5

Is phone unlocked? no?

Does anything work? Text call data? did not check. calling to my new number prompts a answering service  so partially yes

Are you connected to the network at list.( It would show on the phone)

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@mikadabi0011 

It looks fine from your payment history page.  What does your phone show?  Any Public mobile reception icon?  

Maybe try rebooting your phone.  

BTW, were you aware the free long distance holiday bonus promo for data and long distance?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-is-back-Free-gifts-for-...

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@mikadabi0011  has it at all worked since you joined?

Are you transferring a number from another provider?

What is the make and model of your phone?

Is phone unlocked?

Does anything work? Text call data?

Are you connected to the network at list.( It would show on the phone)

Let us know.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

What is your account status ?

Try rebooting your phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikadabi0011 : Did you insert the SIM and restart the phone? Is the phone unlocked? Is it compatible? What make/model/submodel is it?

Need Help? Let's chat.