cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Add Ons Not Working

Jessieboston8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The last week I have spent a total of $30 of Add-ons, of which the data don’t seem to be working. Quite frustrating and I’m not sure why this is happening. I paid for this…US Roaming - 500 MB Data (10-day), and it says it’s active, but I can’t use it when i go onto my phone for 3G.

6 REPLIES 6

Bizylizy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just paid the same for US roaming and i nneeded to phone motels on my journey. 2 days in and cant use my phone.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jessieboston8 

Does your phone not have 4G LTE capability? Otherwise you should be using 4G LTE for US roaming data. If you have your phone set to 3G only change the setting back to 4G LTE and reboot. Then choose at&t or T-Mobile.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jessieboston8 hi something is going on with the 3g down south you should contact customer service to get to the bottom of this issue,if you could tell us if there is a problem with the US roaming packages we would appreciate it ,  for cs agent  Click here

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jessieboston8  - you said you purchased it last week? How many days ago?

Roaming Addons only last for 10 days as soon as you successfully add them to your account.

So hopefully this may be a case where you just added funds and have not completed the 2nd step to go back to add what you want to your account. That is, if you are just in the USA now.

If your 10 days is not up yet, and you are in the USA, and you see the Roaming addon listed in your overview section of your self serve account try restarting your phone or performing a reset of the network settings.

Roaming Help Article for review: 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Jessieboston8 hi the US networks are shutting down their 3g networks can you manually select att& t or t mobile?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jessieboston8 wrote:

The last week I have spent a total of $30 of Add-ons, of which the data don’t seem to be working. Quite frustrating and I’m not sure why this is happening. I paid for this…US Roaming - 500 MB Data (10-day), and it says it’s active, but I can’t use it when i go onto my phone for 3G.

@Jessieboston8   just to confirm, buying add-on is a 2 steps process, 1. Load fund , 2. actual buying of add-on

did you go through step2 ?  Many people paid for unaware of a separate step to go back and buy

And yes, voice with PM needs 3G and US is in the process of taking down 3G network.  Many area still has 3G but some might not.  So, it could be the reason

If you are back in Canada already and no need of the roaming anymore, since you didn't use it, ask PM to reverse the transaction.  Just open ticket with them.  They will usually reverse it without much problem.

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.