cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK

racecar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

why isn't the puk code included with the sim card?

12 REPLIES 12

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@racecar  - 

Hopefully this link can help you determine which Puk message you are receiving and how to solve it:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml6dfoOGWCbzEjqGe8...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@racecar actually what was the exact PUK error message? There are couple different PUK, I wonder if you got mixed up:

If it is a Samsung and if the message is "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." 

call  Samsung 1-800-726-7864, The only info you will need to provide for a master unlock was the IMEI and where the phone was purchased

If the message is “PIN unlock key (PUK)” or "Enter PUK Your SIM cannot be accessed"

open a ticket with PM Support using this direct link:  https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Oyn1L6

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

If the message is "SIM network unlock PIN" or "SIM ME lock code NP" or "SIM not Supported"  

You have to ask the carrier where you got the phone from for the carrier unlock code. (PM would not be able to help with this) 

@racecar 

That is an old Samsung phone that you need to contact Samsung Canada for the PUK code.

It had nothing to do with PM. You are welcome to go to Fido or Chatr but you will still have the same issue.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@racecar 

Because the PUK is never required but this is something you set on your phone.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

I’ve seen this issue a few times on here where Customers could not use their phones due to a message asking for PUK code or other error messages! I’ve been using all types of cell phones since 2001 & been very lucky to have never had that happen with any carrier, any cell phones or any SIM card in USA or Canada! Hoping I never do since it sounds very stressful & complicated! I will be paying close attention though to these posts to try to avoid it happening if possible!

@racecar wrote:

I have a Samsung s6, an older phone, if did the sim card thing and then the puk because my pin did not work.

I looked up where to find the puk number and just ALL sim cards have this included with the card.

I have found no less than 4 different numbers that are all too long.

The info here is I have to give my sim card number to get the puk, why not just include it like most other carriers do?

I might just go to fido or chatr instead this is taking days for figure out.

Exact wording of the message you are seeing is relevant.

And at first glance one can be mistaken for the other...

Being an old Samsung phone it's likely locked to the previous carrier. You'd have to get that unlock key from your previous provider or Samsung directly.

In other words, your phone is more likely to be the problem than the SIM card.

@racecar 

I have never seen any carrier include the SIM card's PUK with the packaging. I've used numerous carriers including Chatr and Fido.

.... and honest, I don't recall other carriers provide the sim card PUK on the sim card itself.  But again, I never need it 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Not sure I understand - i didn't need a PUK for any of my 5 activations here over the past several years...

Something I'm missing, @racecar 🤔

@racecar 

from what I know, most sim cards DO NOT require sim card PUK, ie, they are not locked

racecar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a Samsung s6, an older phone, if did the sim card thing and then the puk because my pin did not work.

I looked up where to find the puk number and just ALL sim cards have this included with the card.

I have found no less than 4 different numbers that are all too long.

The info here is I have to give my sim card number to get the puk, why not just include it like most other carriers do?

I might just go to fido or chatr instead this is taking days for figure out.

Generally, the SIM card's PUK will never be needed.  As for the SIM card's PIN, it will always have a default of 1234 for Public Mobile SIM cards.

Need Help? Let's chat.