cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK Number

LazyTurtle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Could one of the moderators kindly give me the PUK number so I can unlock my SIM? Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LazyTurtle 

What exact error you got?  There are different kind of PUK requests and have to act differently.  Are you sure you are looking for SIM Card PUK which is the only one PM Support can assist with?  

If the message is “PIN unlock key (PUK)” or "Enter PUK Your SIM cannot be accessed",

open a ticket with PM Support using this direct link:  https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Oyn1L6

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

If the message is "SIM network unlock PIN"

You have to ask the carrier where you got the phone from for the carrier unlock code. (PM would not be able to help with this) 

If it is a Samsung and if the message is "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." 

call  Samsung 1-800-726-7864, The only info you will need to provide for a master unlock was the IMEI and where the phone was purchased

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@LazyTurtle 

There are a few different codes that your phone asks for. What is the exact message showing?

Here is some information from a previous post:

SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."
- This is asking for Samsung's "master code" - I got this after entering the wrong code for the message below too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN"
- This is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you easy peasy. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

PIN unlock key (PUK) is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card.

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card.

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.
    • Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly up to ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@LazyTurtle wrote:

Could one of the moderators kindly give me the PUK number so I can unlock my SIM? Thanks in advance.

They're not called moderators any more. They're called customer support agents.  Creating a thread here won't get you to a CSA. You need to open a ticket to get a CSA. Tickets are made by using the chatbot link of https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

What's the full message that the phone says?  If it's for sim network puk, that means phone is locked to another company and only the other company can help.

Need Help? Let's chat.