cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK Code

Nicole9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I already have a sim card but I got locked out because I was half alseep when I tried to get in. Can you fix this or do I meed a new sim card? 

9 REPLIES 9

@Nicole9   No cost at all, other than the sim card cost itself

There is no activation fee here. Just the cost of the sim which should never be more than $10. You can find them  cheaper at some places like CCS.

Nicole9

One more question, do it cost anything to activate a new sim card? Or is that included in the purchase of the sim card? I know I have to pay for the plan but I mean the sim card its self. Thanks!

Find your PUK: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/where-to-find-your-puk

- SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK - is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

- SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI (dial *#06# to get it) and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

- PIN unlock key (PUK) is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card.

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card.

If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

Only Public Mobile's Customer Support Agents (CSA) can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot.

Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly 10 times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

@Nicole9   You can go back to your old post and continue on that one.  No worry about picking the solution wrong

For your situation, did you setup a SIM pin before?  It is something that it will keep asking every time you reboot your phone.  If it is that unlock code, PM  can provide

Open ticket with PM using this direct link for "SIM card PIN " ticket

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Oyn1L6

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Nicole9

I already have a sim card but its PUK Code locked. How do I go about fixing it. I didnt mean to click the solution was resolved.  I understand theres two PUK codes. Mine says you have 3 attempts left your sim card is PUK locked. 

@Nicole9   that could be the SIM Card unlock code with PM can provide

Open ticket with PM using this direct link for "SIM card PIN " ticket

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Oyn1L6

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Nicole9

I can get the message and write to you the same time because my phone only works with the sim card out. It says you have 3 attemps left your phone is PUK locked 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Nicole9 wrote:

I already have a sim card but I got locked out because I was half alseep when I tried to get in. Can you fix this or do I meed a new sim card? 

@Nicole9 there are couple different kind of PUK code.  What was the exact message?

give us the exact message and we can advise accordingly

Need Help? Let's chat.